Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 3.1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Instead of waiting forever until Dolphin 4.0 comes out, could the developers release a stable 3.1 version? Or pick the best revisions and rename them 3.1, 3.2...?
All those hundreds of revisions make them sound a bit unreliable and also many people often suggest to use the stable, official 3.0 version instead of the revisions. As they are kind of like beta versions to 4.0, and beta means that it may be unstable.
Not that I had any real trouble using the 3.0 version, but I'm sure that by now, at least one of the revisions would be reliable enough to be deserved to be called 3.1.
If renaming the past versions isn't a good idea, when the emulated motion plus is merged with the official revisions someday, that would be a good point to call it 3.1 I think.

Just in case people misunderstood, I'm not making one of those threads
Question: When will 4.0 be released?
Answer: When it's ready.
I have no problem waiting for months and months, I'm just suggesting a new way to number the versions.
A new official build might be released soon enough, as soon as a few branches get sorted out. You already know, when it's ready, it's ready. You don't have to suggest making a new release, people know what to do and when to do it.
Could I suggest a bug tracker issue on Google Code? Worked pretty well last time.
(02-01-2012, 03:44 AM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]Could I suggest a bug tracker issue on Google Code? Worked pretty well last time.
What does this mean? Is this related to my 3.1 suggestion? Or the new official build (4.0 hopefully?) that may come soon?
hello i am from germany =) my english is not sooo good
but i want know how long will it about to take till 4.0 will be released? I love dolphin emulator Smile
(01-31-2012, 04:04 PM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]A new official build might be released soon enough, as soon as a few branches get sorted out. You already know, when it's ready, it's ready. You don't have to suggest making a new release, people know what to do and when to do it.