Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need help pokemon battle revolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Cados

Hello,

I'm having problems with starting up pokemon battle revolution.
I changed my video settings to OPENGL, because direct3d doesn't work.
Now i can go to menu, and start up pokemon battle revolution.
but when i click, screen falls black and i fall back to 0 FPS.

can somebody help thanks,

Cados
Have you updated the drivers for you video card? You don't say exactly what model your card is in your profile, but the Nvidia 200 Series is more than capable of handling Dolphin on OpenGL or DirectX9. The problem might be that you just need new drivers; go check out their website to see if you have the latest.

Your settings might be giving you problems as well. Post the settings that you're using for Dolphin. The ones under the Config and Graphics buttons should be enough. Any one of them could be the culprit, so be sure to post all of them.

Cados

(01-26-2012, 05:40 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Have you updated the drivers for you video card? You don't say exactly what model your card is in your profile, but the Nvidia 200 Series is more than capable of handling Dolphin on OpenGL or DirectX9. The problem might be that you just need new drivers; go check out their website to see if you have the latest.

Your settings might be giving you problems as well. Post the settings that you're using for Dolphin. The ones under the Config and Graphics buttons should be enough. Any one of them could be the culprit, so be sure to post all of them.

Hey, i got the newest drivers installed.
My Settings are: OpenGL, 640x480, Aspect Ratio Auto,
Config: Enable Dualcore yes, enable Idle Skipping yes, Framelimit Auto
JIT Recompiler yes
Those settings look fine. I forgot to ask you what your settings are under the Enhancements and Hacks tabs in Graphics. If you wouldn't mind posting those as well.

Others have experienced this issue, according to the this thread, but I don't think anyone's come up with a solution yet. Another thing to consider is that you might have a bad dump. You could try ripping the game again. Sorry if it sounds like I'm guessing right now, but to my knowledge no one's ever said how they've fixed the black screen problem.

Cados

(01-27-2012, 03:25 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Those settings look fine. I forgot to ask you what your settings are under the Enhancements and Hacks tabs in Graphics. If you wouldn't mind posting those as well.

Others have experienced this issue, according to the this thread, but I don't think anyone's come up with a solution yet. Another thing to consider is that you might have a bad dump. You could try ripping the game again. Sorry if it sounds like I'm guessing right now, but to my knowledge no one's ever said how they've fixed the black screen problem.

Enchancements: 1x Native, Anti Aliasing: None, Ani Filter 1x, Scaled EFB yes,
Hacks: Texture clicked, External Frame buffer Off, Fast Mipmaps, Disable Per Pixel Depth on.

Nothing looks wrong to me, but then again I haven't played that game. Like I said, no one's documented a fix yet. What you could do is play with the settings. Enable and disable different and see if something works out for you. It's a very crude way to solve your problem, but if you find something that works it's probably worth it. Before you do that, try the latest version of Dolphin. 3.0 may be stable, but it's about six months old, and Dolphin is always being developed. If you do find a configuration that works, do tell us. It's something that should be added to the Dolphin Wiki for reference.