Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Constant Crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kojimin

Okay so I have a mid2009 macbook pro.

I have the newest version of dolphin.

I tried to run Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, and it will work for a minute or two. Really well at that. Then it completely crashes my computer and forces me to restart the computer.

I tried installing everything on Windows 7 via Bootcamp and the same thing happens. It will work then, crash into a blue screen error then it forces a system restart.

I don't know if it's my rom or my computer no being powerful enough. The same problem happend when I was trying to play The New Super Mario Bros Wii 2.
Sorry for double posting, Can't see how to edit it. My specs:
Operating System: OsX Lion
Processor/CPU: 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Video Card/GPU: nVIDIA geForce 9400M 256MB
Memory/RAM: 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.00-3.71
Your computer not being good enough is not going to make your PC crash like that. You have issues unrelated to Dolphin to worry about.

kojimin

(01-25-2012, 05:13 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Your computer not being good enough is not going to make your PC crash like that. You have issues unrelated to Dolphin to worry about.

Really? Well I just tried again, and now it's just dolphin crashing. I think it was crashing my computer because of the settings I was using. Now it just crashes dolphin. Do you think it's a compatibility issue with lion?
No. Like SS said, something is wrong with your system unrelated to dolphin.

kojimin

(01-25-2012, 05:40 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]No. Like SS said, something is wrong with your system unrelated to dolphin.

Hm okay. Any what though? Everything is checking out fine when I run diagnostics.
Are you overclocking? If so, go back to stock speeds and see what happens.

kojimin

(01-25-2012, 05:45 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Are you overclocking? If so, go back to stock speeds and see what happens.

No, I do not overclock.
trying redownload dolphin and test with the default settings