Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Looking to see if my CPU and System resources are good enough to run games well
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

vivithejerk

Very new to the Gamecube emulation scene. Hoping someone can look over my System specs and let me know how well you think I will be able to run a majority of my old games on Dolphin.

These are my current specs. http://pastebin.com/nhkEnZZu

Using a non on board Integrated GPU.

Please let me know what you might think. Any suggestions or comments are welcomed.
The CPU is good enough for GC games or overclock to 3.5Ghz for wii games
GPU ? i don't know .IMO , dolphin doesn't like Integrated GPU but i could be wrong
Solution :
_Buy a new graphic card for 720p (AMD 6570) or 1080p (AMD 6670)
_Overclock CPU a bit more (but need to replace the motherboard since your pc was made by dell)
Quote:GPU ? i don't know .IMO , dolphin doesn't like Integrated GPU but i could be wrong

.....and he doesn't have one. The display info. lists a GT 240.

The system is ok. With such a small cache you might need a bit of overclocking to get most games running well.

vivithejerk

Thanks to both of you for responding so quickly. Never really used forums before so I greatly appreciate it.
Not good enough for Wii games. You need something closer to a 5000 score to reach full speed.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Yours just reaches 2100

vivithejerk

Own a Wii, it isnt backwards compatible. Was only worried about GC anyway.
Quote:Not good enough for Wii games. You need something closer to a 5000 score to reach full speed.

Stop using passmark scores to evaluate dolphins performance.

1. Passmark results rarely correlate well with performance in dolphin.

2. Passmark is a terrible benchmark to use in general (in fact you should stay away from synthetic benchmarks in general). Results are often very inconsistent with real world performance.

And let's not forget that passmark is heavily multithreaded, dolphin is not.