Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Emulation (Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,

I was wondering if this laptop is in any way possible going to be able to run Wii games with playable FPS. As of now I have Zelda Twilight and Zelda Skyward, and both of them run at about 10 - 15 FPS.

I put the resolution at the lowest possible setting 640 X 480. Is there any way I can get it even lower?

Settings:
Direct 3D11
640x480
No anti-Aliasing
1X native res
no filtering
no post prossecing
no scaled EFB copy
no texture filtering
no per pixel lighting
skip efb access
ignore format changes
efb texture setting
texture cache -> fast
disable frame buffer
fast mipmaps
disable per-pixel depth
opencl texture decoder
cache display lists
openMP texture decoder

everything advanced unchecked

framelimit off
enable duel core
enable idle skipping
JIT recomplier
Enable DTK music
Audio backend: Dsound
sample rate 48000 hz

everyting else not checked
Macbook Pro 2.8 Ghz
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
You have both the OpenCL and the OpenMP texture decoder enabled? Does this make sense?

You can put the resolution further down, but I didn't notice it causes much increase in the frame rate... that might be why it was removed from the vanilla version of dolphin.
(01-24-2012, 07:50 PM)scummos Wrote: [ -> ]You have both the OpenCL and the OpenMP texture decoder enabled? Does this make sense?

You can put the resolution further down, but I didn't notice it causes much increase in the frame rate... that might be why it was removed from the vanilla version of dolphin.

Hm... no idea. I just saw that it said it would speed up frame rate a bit so I clicked it.

maybe i'll try to get another version of dolphin to lower resolution.

I think Wii outputs at 640 x 480 default.

I tried over clocking the computer as well. It didn't seem to help at all.

It's just odd, I would not think this hardware would be unable to run a game that runs on a console that costs 150 bucks.
but yes it is emulation not direct...
Try setting DirectX to DirectX3D9. This helps me a lot getting more FPS in various games (f.e. Zelda Skyward Sword)...
Zelda TW and Zelda SS are VERY demanding on the CPU
You'll need i3/i5/i7 @ 3.0ghz (turbo mode included) or core 2 duo @ 3.4ghz to get playable framerate
And don't overclock a laptop ... (i doubt you could oc a mac)
Speed hack ? Right-click the game inside dolphin - properties - enable vbeam
Oh I can run SS in 1280*720 with solid 30fps with my 3.2ghz Duocore (AMD Phenom II X2 555)...
(01-25-2012, 02:09 AM)pacman7293 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2012, 07:50 PM)scummos Wrote: [ -> ]You have both the OpenCL and the OpenMP texture decoder enabled? Does this make sense?
Hm... no idea. I just saw that it said it would speed up frame rate a bit so I clicked it.
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid191965
(01-25-2012, 02:24 AM)Gumblum Wrote: [ -> ]Try setting DirectX to DirectX3D9. This helps me a lot getting more FPS in various games (f.e. Zelda Skyward Sword)...

dx9 on a mac...
i lol'ed nice advise
you could get some fps if you bootcamp windows7
I didn't knew that makes a difference, i never ever had something to do with anything from apple Big Grin
1. Run the windows builds using bootcamp
2. Check your cpu temperatures to make sure it's not overheating
Pages: 1 2