Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Twilight Princess Problem - MAC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted before, i have looked around for ages trying to find the answer but had no luck.

My first problem was that the mini-map in Twilight Princess wasn't showing up properly, i searched around and found a fix for this. (Use RAM EFB copies instead of Texture)

My current problem is that the fix for the mini map caused the game to run at 8 FPS - making it impossible to play.

Is there a simple solution to my problem? The game ran fine when the EFB was set to texture.

My Macbook Specs are in my signature.

Thanks!

[Image: screenshot20120123at202.jpg]
Try revision 7719 (yes, Starscream, kill me). It is a build that has the texcache rewrite. Or use a newer texcache rewrite build.
(01-24-2012, 06:48 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Try revision 7719 (yes, Starscream, kill me). It is a build that has the texcache rewrite. Or use a newer texcache rewrite build.

Thanks so much!

I used revision 7719 out of the box and it just puts a black box around the map and it is visible...or is there always a black box around it?

Am i likely to hit any other errors from using an old version? If so which of the new versions work the same way as this one?

Thanks again.
the only solution would be to get a new pc with sandybridge @3.5ghz and a dedicated gpu...
your system is not capable for full speed
(01-24-2012, 07:53 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]the only solution would be to get a new pc with sandybridge @3.5ghz and a dedicated gpu...

No need to exaggerate, you don't need 3.5GHz to run Twilight Princess at 100%.
I can do it with my Sandy Bridge Intel Core i5 2430M @ 2.4 GHz, which is a laptop
(01-24-2012, 10:22 AM)Bludger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2012, 07:53 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]the only solution would be to get a new pc with sandybridge @3.5ghz and a dedicated gpu...

I can do it with my Sandy Bridge Intel Core i5 2430M @ 2.4 GHz, which is a laptop

No, you cannot. That doesn't run Hyrule Field fullspeed always and it is not at 2.4GHz. If it was, it wouldn't run well at all. It probably stays around 3.0GHz while running Dolphin.
(01-24-2012, 12:49 PM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2012, 10:22 AM)Bludger Wrote: [ -> ]

No, you cannot. That doesn't run Hyrule Field fullspeed always and it is not at 2.4GHz. If it was, it wouldn't run well at all. It probably stays around 3.0GHz while running Dolphin.
Yes, I forgot to mention that i5 has that Intel Turbo Boost Technology and does indeed go to 3.0 GHz, and I just tested and it really goes up to the max 3GHz while in Hyrule field, and Hyrule Castle Town. But it hangs around 2.6-2.7 for me while in any other area. Temples are the least demanding it seems.
Thanks for all the help.

I haven't tested it properly yet so I might find some problems with hyrule field. I will post in this thread if any occur.

Do i have to do anything to enable the 3ghz processor speed or will it just go to it if needed?
enable "lock threads to cores"
(01-25-2012, 02:23 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]enable "lock threads to cores"

thanks for the help.

If i were to get the twilight princess for the gamecube, would that run better than the wii version?
Pages: 1 2