Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Double monitor question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll be planning on getting a new gfx card and outputting to my 40" TV as a second monitor (so I can play these beautifully up-rez'd games from my couch) and was wondering. With Dolphin running full screen on one monitor, will someone else be able to use the PC in a normal fashion on the other monitor?

Thanks Big Grin
last time I attempted this it was possible, provided you are using a gamepad of some sort and using a maximized windowed output, and have background input checked in the gcpad settings
Oh good to know. So no luck on full screen mode huh?
just select the second monitor as main
or play in maximized windowed mode
Background Input!!1!
(01-23-2012, 05:14 PM)NZNewsboy Wrote: [ -> ]Oh good to know. So no luck on full screen mode huh?
Full screen mode works fine, not sure what these guys are talking about.

I'm using my TV as a secondary and I am running Wii full screen on it for my girlfriend when I use the computer, which works great!

If you have an audio card that supports two audio streams, you can even have different sounds for the TV and the computer. So I can play Starcraft 2, watch a movie or what not in full screen on the monitor, while she plays fullscreen wii on the TV and we both get our respective audio stream.
That is all kinda of badass. I'll definitely be looking forward to getting myself a new gfx card then.
So I finally updated my gfx card and am trying to get Dolphin running on the second monitor. The only way I can do this is by setting the second monitor to primary, but I was hoping there'd be a way of just selecting the output for the second monitor. It looks like I can do this in the graphics option but neither of the selections seems to work. They both end up having Dolphin open on the primary monitor.

I'm running 3.0-235-dirty

Tips please
(04-29-2012, 05:44 PM)NZNewsboy Wrote: [ -> ]So I finally updated my gfx card and am trying to get Dolphin running on the second monitor. The only way I can do this is by setting the second monitor to primary, but I was hoping there'd be a way of just selecting the output for the second monitor. It looks like I can do this in the graphics option but neither of the selections seems to work. They both end up having Dolphin open on the primary monitor.

I'm running 3.0-235-dirty

Tips please

Have you tried moving the window to the other screen then maximizing it?
Yeah I gave that a go. Maximises fine (windowed of course) but alt-enter just fullscreens on the primary monitor
Pages: 1 2