Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Goop wont appear in Super Mario Sunshine please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LilMerkEm1889

Ok so bassically the goop in super mario sunshine wont appear no matter what i set the EFB copy to. However when i disable efb copy it appears but the game brings up a horrible graphic glitch on the screen. I can put up pictures if you want me to. But anyway. if you could help me please do, and i would prefer the fix were to be in the efb to texture option because if i put it to ram the game barely gets 10 fps, but when i put it to texture it gets like 75 -.-
What are your all of settings? You can post screenshots of your Dolphin configuration if that's easier for you. I haven't played Super Mario Sunshine, haven't ripped it yet, but you should take a look at the Super Mario Sunshine - Dolphin Wiki entry. It has a section about the goo. The option "Force Texture Filtering" may be a problem if you enable it.

You said the goo doesn't appear when "EFB Copies" is set to Texture, and you noted a massive FPS drop when you set it to RAM. Did you see the goo when you set it to RAM or did the goo still not appear. If it works with "EFB Copies" set to RAM, then that's probably the only way you can expect to properly play the game. Some games need that option set to RAM in order to run without glitches.

LilMerkEm1889

(01-23-2012, 04:45 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]What are your all of settings? You can post screenshots of your Dolphin configuration if that's easier for you. I haven't played Super Mario Sunshine, haven't ripped it yet, but you should take a look at the Super Mario Sunshine - Dolphin Wiki entry. It has a section about the goo. The option "Force Texture Filtering" may be a problem if you enable it.

You said the goo doesn't appear when "EFB Copies" is set to Texture, and you noted a massive FPS drop when you set it to RAM. Did you see the goo when you set it to RAM or did the goo still not appear. If it works with "EFB Copies" set to RAM, then that's probably the only way you can expect to properly play the game. Some games need that option set to RAM in order to run without glitches.
Ok so i have noticed something. when i put the game to run at native resolution(640x480) the goop appears perfectly fine as it normally would with efb copy to texture. BUT as i put the resolution higher the goop begins to get more blocky and chunks are missing up to when i put it at 1080p it dosent appear at all. maybe i have to use a hi res texture pack with the game to see the goop?
That's weird. Well, at least your 480p is working. Can you post all of the settings you're using for Dolphin?