Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: got everything working after 2 days...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

JoeyTheMadScientist

this is to potentially save someone else from dealing with the same problems i had. first my setup

lenovo b570 w/ windows 7 x64
hpbt500 bluetooth adapter i've had since about 2005

so, i found out about dolphin, went and bought a nyko wand and nunchuk, hurried home to test it out and no luck. i could sync with windows (using microsoft stack). i could sync with dolphin, everything looked fine. connected, the wiimote vibrated, lights were golden on my wiimote. should be good right?

wrong, i couldn't get it to work in game.

i tried so many different bluetooth stacks, trying to upgrade software, removing drivers, everything in the tons of nyko threads i could find on here. nothing worked in game, even though it should have. so, today i decided to take the wand back, and buy a used ninty wiimote. hurried home to test it out AND.......

same thing.

to say i was bummed would be an understatement. i then decided to try another version of dolphin.

when i downloaded dolphin initially i just grabbed the latest and greatest. it said dirty but hey...it was at the top of the stack so i grabbed it. this time i decided to try the plain jane 3.0 version. my hopes were not high, but it was a last resort. because playing NSMB with an xbox gamepad sucks.

i deleted the wiimote profile in windows, reinstalled, synced with dolphin, fired up the game AND...

IT WORKS!!! holy crap. microsoft BT stack and everything...

the reason i wanted to post this is i saw people having the same exact issues as me, and i have no idea if this would have saved my nyko wand setup or not, but if i would have tried this before i returned it, i could have saved myself some money. *shrug* and definitely some time. i know there is alot of people out there that are probably in the same boat i was in, and hopefully it helps a few dolphin newbs along the way...

(if this is in the wrong thread, or if i am duplicating a post somewhere please have mercy on me. i searched and could not find someone with this exact same solution, so that is why i created this.)
Name it "how to fix wii remote not working" or something, so people can find it.

JoeyTheMadScientist

good idea...lemme see if i can figure out how to do that here...