Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Flickering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

First time using dolphin, and already tried 2 games(zelda and silent hill), and both are flickering.

Is my computer not good enouth to run dolphin, or is something wrong?

I am using the standart configuration that cames with the last version of dolphin, and my computer is a core 2 duo E8400, 4gb, 9800 gtx+, win 7 64.

The usage of the memory stands on 60%, and cpu all times at 100%, the games runs on a average of 10 FPS, but even when the frames come higher then 30 fps, the games still flickering.

I am not running other thing, when dolphin is not in use, my cpu runs at a average of 4%
Define "flickering"
(01-20-2012, 06:57 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Define "flickering"
Sorry, I was not clear.

What I mean with flickering is a very slow everything. Example: openning of the silient hill, it is so lazzy that everithing runs in slowmotion and sound starts to have some brakeds. And, i dont know if it is me, but the flow of the image looks awkward.

I dont know if it is a clue, but in open gl it looks a little better, but the problems remain. It is very very slow
Which specific revision?
Screenshots of settings?
Which specific zelda game?
How slow? Run your game in windowed mode and tell us the vps, fps, and gamespeed.
(01-20-2012, 11:32 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Which specific revision?
Screenshots of settings?
Which specific zelda game?
How slow? Run your game in windowed mode and tell us the vps, fps, and gamespeed.

Version 3.0-373

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (same problem with silent hill)

Avarege of 10 FPS , 20 VPS and 30% speed

Check your cpu temperatures (using coretemp or realtemp) while playing the game.
(01-20-2012, 12:26 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Check your cpu temperatures (using coretemp or realtemp) while playing the game.

Good point, Real temp shows that the temp is going beyond the TJ Max, I had a maximum of 102 C. The strage is, it only happens with dolphin, not occuring with my "heavy pc games".
What should I do?
(01-20-2012, 01:31 PM)niksoley Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2012, 12:26 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Check your cpu temperatures (using coretemp or realtemp) while playing the game.

Good point, Real temp shows that the temp is going beyond the TJ Max, I had a maximum of 102 C. The strage is, it only happens with dolphin, not occuring with my "heavy pc games".
What should I do?

102c..I hope you won't bake it
and what are those heavy pc games you refer to?
(01-20-2012, 01:40 PM)22029206 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2012, 01:31 PM)niksoley Wrote: [ -> ]

What should I do?

102c..I hope you won't bake it
and what are those heavy pc games you refer to?

Games tested without overheating: Tropico 4, Alien Swarms, Team Fortress
Not tested yet, but will render something at solidworks, but, for what I remember, i didnt have problems with overheating.

I went to the bios and put the cooler at max, also I opened the pc and turned on the air conditioner directly on it, and didnt work, I am desesperate hahaaha.
Is there any chance to be something at dolphin?
I'm not sure.. I guess wii game emulating is a even more heavy task
do you have any case fan in your case?
Pages: 1 2