Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: hmm, fps oddities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It appears that fps and real speed are completely off. I was playing wii play on my wii (the duck hunt) and on real wii hardware, it supposedly runs at full speed. Then, I played on dolphin and i get 30/30 fps, but it's literally half the speed of my wii. I take off any throttle (frame limit, dsp throttle) and it's still only half the speed of a real wii.

Anyone have a clue as to why that is?

Also, what happened to the numerical mhz values that were displayed before?
dont trust what it says about the frames, the second value (supposed to be real speed) is not always correct.

your game obviously needs 60fps but your pc is not fast enough for that.
even when i disabled frameskip? My cpu usage was only 80%.
frameskip ? you mean framelimit ?

you can of course disable the framelimit, but when your pc is not fast enough it wont help.

its just an upper limit, it does not slow down at all unless you are above that limit.

80% cpu isnt that bad. keep in mind that 2 threads are running and the second(video) cant work when first(cpu) is not done.

in certain circumstances you could have only 60% or whatever and still its max speed :
- 50% for cpu
- 10% for video -> idling most time waiting for cpu-thread.

if you want to observe how utilized your cpu is, just look on core 1 and not the combined value, as its (most times) much more important.
yeah, i mean framelimit. Thanks for the explanation.