Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Amazing computer, runs like crap on Metroid Prime 1 and 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I've tried Super Smash Bros. Melee, and it ran perfectly fine.
Metroid Prime was usually okay, but had some pretty slow spots.
Metroid Prime 3 goes at around 60% speed, which glitches cutscenes beyond all recognition and ruins my game experience.
I've tried tweaking all the settings I could understand, but I must be missing something. I'm not a Dolphin expert.

My specs:
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64-bit
AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz Quad-Core processor (I could probably overclock this if needed)
8GB DDR3 RAM, 1600MHz (might be able to OC this too if it comes to it)
2x nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti FPB 1GB GDDR5 Video RAM (in SLI, latest drivers for the cards and SLI)
Antec High-Current Gamer 750W power supply

Windows Experience Index rates my video at 7.2, and my memory at 7.6. I don't know what the problem could be.

Can someone give me some tips on what I should do to be able to run this and other games at 100% speed? I was planning on getting Skyward Sword as well, but I may just get it for my Wii since I still have it.

For now, I need to go to bed, but I've subscribed to getting emails if someone replies, so feel free to bring forth any information. Thank you.

Scratch that, WEI gives my graphics 7.8 out of 7.9, not 7.2.
Well Dolphin doesn't support SLI, so you can only count one of those cards. Also, your processor is just not fast enough, so I highly recommend you overclock it.

Dragonschild

(01-18-2012, 05:23 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Well Dolphin doesn't support SLI, so you can only count one of those cards. Also, your processor is just not fast enough, so I highly recommend you overclock it.

I have a similiar build for my PC:

AMD Phenom II X4 940BE @3.0GHz
8GB DDR2 1066 RAM
EVGA GTX 460 Overclocked 1GB GDDR5 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

and I have not run into any issues with emulation. Is the GTX 460 faster than the GTX 550?
3.2GHZ AMD CPU...

just overclock to 3.8++
metroid prime 1 and 2 runs at stock clock at full speed or close to (some slowdowns with scan visor)
It doesn't slow down in large areas? Anyone running a core 2, phenom II, or lower cpu gets slowdowns in large areas.
Yes, on Metroid Prime, I slow down in large areas. In number 3, I get slowed down in ANY area, even the very small ones. It's downright unplayable.
The problem is, I don't really know how to overclock, and I tried looking it up, but I'm going to need to ask someone who I know has overclocked a lot in the past. Also, I'm using a stock cooler on my processor, and everyone says that if I overclock with it, it'll overheat super-fast and fry everything. Fortunately, my processor IS a black edition... but I'm going to have to figure something out here.
get a new cooler...
Uhh... my heatsink and fan are physically bonded to my processor... like always. One does not just "get a new cooler".
Quote:my heatsink and fan are physically bonded to my processor

That's impossible. I have never even heard of such a thing. And I can assure you that amd has never produced a platform like that.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfhb8pdwMYI

Quote:One does not just "get a new cooler".

Yes one does. Tens of thousands of people do it every year.
Pages: 1 2