Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: IR pointer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gcp111

Does the real wiimote's IR pointer work with Dolphin? I tried to play Link's Crossbow Training but it didn't work. Sad

Mouse works though. Strange.

LuisR14

you would need a sensor bar for the pointer of the wiimote to work Smile

gcp111

(06-21-2009, 02:11 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]you would need a sensor bar for the pointer of the wiimote to work Smile

I have a wireless sensor bar Smile It's on top of my monitor, but Dolphin won't move the cursor. Any ideas why?

LuisR14

is the "Connect Real Wiimote" and "Use Real Wiimote" options enabled? Smile
Well, make sure you're pointing Zapper (or whatever you're using) on sensor bar, not monitor's display
If you're using a real Wiimote, make sure you have panic alerts on or you won't get the Wiimote desync messages. The wiimote tends to not work at some point during the initialization process, usually (in my experience) right around when the game tries to turn on the motion sensing and IR pointer functionality.

The solution? Stupid though this sounds, just keep restarting the game until it makes it to the title (or sometimes a bit past that) without desyncing. Yes, brute force starting the game until the wiimote works, and I know that sounds stupid, but I've been dealing with it for months now. Also, while in the game, don't ever let the wiimote "sleep" or it will desync and not come back. This appears to be game controlled actually, but it's still an issue sometimes.

gcp111

Right. Let's see here:

- Connect/use real wiimote is on - wiimote buttons work.
- I don't get desync messages until sometime after I try to move it
- It doesn't move. I aim it at the sensor bar, it does nothing.

Wow, wiimote support is bad, huh... it works using it as a mouse on my *nix laptop. Tongue
Dolphin support is bad I guess (I would love to not see those damn IPC CommandDisconnect messages.)

Anything else, or am I just screwed? Tongue

gcp111

Blah. I blame Microsoft's Bluetooth stack. Now whenever I start a game, Dolphin just disconnects the Wiimote or something. I don't know, it worked fine before.

Maybe I should just install another OS... (Does the wiimote in Linux work good? I don't feel like trying Windows 7)
Man I hate Windows... BlueSoliel won't even work with my dongle. Sad

(also sorry for the double post :p)

gcp111

Okay, I installed Ubuntu and compiled Dolphin, however I get a segfault when I launch a game ... Sad

Unofficial 3404 build complains about libbluetooth.so.2, and when I compile it myself I get a segfault. Really now, how do I get this to work on Linux?

(sorry triple post XD)