Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphics Options for Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I'm here to give an opinion and idea for the graphics options of the Dolphin.
I realized that earlier revisions are faster to run Wii games because they had little effect graphics, and so I thought I had an idea, would be a good idea to have several graphics options to disable graphics effects that occur in games without graphics bugs. would be a good option for those who do not have PCs with processors that strong as I use a pentium dual core E5500 to 2.80GHz.
it would be great, because it would be similar to games that has pcs different graphics options. I say this because the emulator needs more plugins in graphics performance and more varieties of options.

Sorry for any error or meaningless words as I use the google translator.
(01-16-2012, 09:45 PM)Jonatan Wrote: [ -> ]I realized that earlier revisions are faster to run Wii games because they had little effect graphics,

Err, wut?
Quote: I use the google translator.

Well, the daily shit with the translators Big Grin
Sorry, summarizing:
graphics plugins should have more options to enable and disable the graphic effects and weigh less on the emulator to get a better performance for less powerful PCsBig Grin

(01-16-2012, 09:45 PM)Jonatan Wrote: [ -> ]I realized that earlier revisions are faster to run Wii games

If I take this sentence I have to give him right Wink
(01-17-2012, 02:40 AM)kkc1945 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2012, 09:45 PM)Jonatan Wrote: [ -> ]I realized that earlier revisions are faster to run Wii games

If I take this sentence I have to give him right Wink

really wanted to have more graphics options in Dolphin Tongue
the bottleneck on most systems is the CPU thread...
Console Emulation is trying to render the work a piece of hardware does in software, therefore it should always try to as much as possible mimic the hardware which i guess yeah means more graphics so basically what you're asking is that the devs create an option to degrade the emulator, i don't think they'll be much interested in that, you'd be better off just grabbing an older version.
(01-17-2012, 03:02 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Console Emulation is trying to render the work a piece of hardware does in software, therefore it should always try to as much as possible mimic the hardware which i guess yeah means more graphics so basically what you're asking is that the devs create an option to degrade the emulator, i don't think they'll be much interested in that, you'd be better off just grabbing an older version.

I am afraid that the emulator becomes heavy, because we have the plugin Direct3D9, OpenGL Direct3D11 but I realized that they are slower, and I just wanted to help so they can become better and better and updated.
(01-17-2012, 02:37 AM)Jonatan Wrote: [ -> ]graphics plugins should have more options to enable and disable the graphic effects and weigh less on the emulator to get a better performance for less powerful PCsBig Grin

There already is a lot and there would be no point in more.
Pages: 1 2