Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: overclocking your processor??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
it is really increasing performance by overclocking the processor without upgrading other parts??
I don't know much about computer but i guess if i overclocking the processor it may harm the computer Huh
It all depends on what hardware you have to begin with. If the CPU and motherboard support overclocking, then all you have to do is mess around with the BIOS a little. If you can and decide to overclock, you'll need to watch how your temperatures rise. You'll know when you're at your limit when you start having crashes or even small fires. Or you could just check what the manufacturer says is an acceptable temp, that works too. If you want to know what your temps are, I think Real Temp and Core Temp are good programs to check out. You might need additional cooling if you overclock past what your system can handle. Aside from system instability, I'd imagine overclocking without proper cooling would eventually lead to a shorter CPU lifetime. It's generally a good idea to keep your chips as cool as you can.
First : Better buy a graphic card , your GPU hold down CPU performance

Overclocking :
_Make sure your motherboard support overclocking like @Shonumi said (check it in bios or google it)
_Make sure your PSU is more than 400W
_Buy aftermarket thermal compound : Arctic Cooling MX-2/MX-3/MX-4
_Buy aftermarket Cooling Fan (optional)

To put it simply : no cost no gain

ok thanks for advice,, i think i'll start with the psu first.. IdeaSleepy
after checking the PSU Watt
start with custom fan and overclock your cpu :>
question:
does dolphin works for single core processor??
dolphin could run on single core cpu's...
but its not recommended because it would run reallly slow

2 cores or more are recommended

meowish

Don't overclock if you don't know how, messing up with the bios might seriously screw up your machine.
(01-16-2012, 10:10 PM)meowish Wrote: [ -> ]Don't overclock if you don't know how, messing up with the bios might seriously screw up your machine.

i can see how to overclock by watching youtube Big Grin ..
for the sake of playing games yeah..Tongue
(01-16-2012, 10:42 PM)ulil100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2012, 10:10 PM)meowish Wrote: [ -> ]Don't overclock if you don't know how, messing up with the bios might seriously screw up your machine.

i can see how to overclock by watching youtube :D ..
for the sake of playing games yeah..Tongue

just install realtemp and have an eye on the temps of your cpu
and don't increase vcore...
and don't forget to disable dynamic vcore adjustment (has on every bios a different name)
Pages: 1 2 3