Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: resident evil 4 wii version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys ,

i just try to play re 4 Wii edition with the last version of dolphin emulator,

but i had some bad sound problem at all the game works perfect but at some time i get very bad sound , screeching

i use openGl

and i have set sound to Xaudio2

it's there a way to fix that ?

Thanks

You're going to have to tell us a bit more before we can help you. Specifically, what are the settings (all of them) that you're using with Dolphin? What version of Dolphin are you using? What type of hardware are you running Dolphin on?

Other people have reported this "screeching" audio when playing that game, but I'm not sure if it's been fixed in a new revision or not. According to Dolphin's wiki though, the screeching apparently stops after Chapter 3-1. You might wanna test this out for yourself. Until then, play with low volume settings. For more info, check out this wiki page I mentioned earlier.
Thank for the replay Shonumi ,

but i find the solution i just try with older version of the dolphin , now i use - Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-235

and the game runs awesome ! no sound problems anymore

it''s a great pleasure to play Re 4 wii edion on PC Smile

thanks Dolphin team you are a great

EDIT: . no same problem later in the game ..
Sad
Do what Shonumi told you:

Quote:You're going to have to tell us a bit more before we can help you. Specifically, what are the settings (all of them) that you're using with Dolphin? What version of Dolphin are you using? What type of hardware are you running Dolphin on?
I too am having these issues. I am running on:
Windows 7 64bit
i7 2670QM
Nvidia GT555M 3GB
8GB RAM 1600mhz
256GB SSD (140GB free at the moment)

My dolphin version is 3.0-376 (the one currently offered on the main page for the emulator)

My settings by tab. (Everything I list below is CHECKED. Anything not listed is unchecked, I will list all dropdown menus.)

In General -
Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
Framelimit: Audio (limit by fps unchecked) (I find that if I limit by audio on RE4Wii. . . it doesn't have audio jumping and skipping or frequent desync in cutscenes.
JIT Recompiler

In Interface -
Use Panic Handlers
Boomy

In Audio -
DSP HLE Emulation (I have created a dump and tried LLE recompiler as well and it only created severe looping in audio effects and slowdown. . . so it switched out glitchy sounds for repeating ones. . . not very nice.)
Enable DTK Music
(I have tried checking and unchecking DSP LLE on Thread with both DSP HLE and LLE Recompiler and it seems to make no difference in frames or audio glitch-ness. Right now this is unchecked)
Audio Backend: DSound
Sample Rate: 48000 Hz

In Gamecube -
Skip Bios
English

In Wii -
Use EuRGB60
16x9
English
Connect USB Keyboard

In General (Graphics) -
Backend: Direct3D9
Adatper: NVIDIA Geforce GT 555M
Fullscreen Resolution: 1600x900
Aspect Ratio: Auto
Use Fullscreen
Show FPS
Hide Mouse Curser

In Enhancements (Graphics) -
Internal Resolution: 1.5 Native 960x792
Anti-Aliasing: 4xSSAA
Anisotropic Filtering: 1x
Scaled EFB Copy

In Hacks (Graphics) -
Skip EFB Access From CPU
Ignore Format Changes
EFB Copies: Texture
External Frame Buffer: Disable
Fast Mipmaps
Disable Per-Pixel Depth

In Advanced (Graphics) -
ALL UNCHECKED

If there is any other information you need, Feel free to ask for it.

I should also mention that without switching any other settings. . . and changing the audio backend to xAudio2. . . I get sound glitches before the screen goes black and graphics no longer render.

It doesn't CRASH per-se.. . but it just black screens, so it's not possible to use xAudio2 for some reason on this game. No idea why. I haven't tested it on other games yet. Right now the only Wii game I have is RE4, the rest are gamecube.