Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Suggestion: "Thank you" button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

I've a little suggestion: A "Thank you" button for the forum. This will be good, because the users don't have to write "Thanks for helping" etc. but they can push the "thank you" button. I think, it's much better than a "thank you" post.

btw: It's also good for the forum, because unnecessary posts can stress the database Wink (Well, not very much, but if every user writes so a "thank you" post...)

Or aren't there any plug-ins for the MyBB?
im super against that. the thank you lets ppl who know nothing of the subject make a post who is just plain stupid look like its good.
at least thats my exp with it on stupid forums who's name i shall not say
facebook?
I agree wirh Daco. Thiss would turn into a fight for thanks. People are just not civilized enouggh for that, I still remember the reputation system.
Well, I can understand you. I thought, it was a good idea (but in German forums this system works pretty good Wink)
(01-15-2012, 12:17 AM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]I agree wirh Daco. Thiss would turn into a fight for thanks. People are just not civilized enouggh for that, I still remember the reputation system.
only the reputation system had - , which was awesome seeing how i had -20 or something Tongue
It should simply say "xyz thanks Writer for this post" under the post and it wouldn't even have to be listed how many times users thanked you for a post...
Well it's just a personal point of view but the "thank you" make part of a forum. skipping them retires the "human" ("physical" would be a better word) side of a forum. It's a "virtual conversation" after all Wink
Maybe a thank you button could work, if the only person who can see how many thanks they have are the people who posted the message. Keep that private to prevent competition. Although I am fine without a thank you button because I don't really care and would rather type it out the old fashion way.
so the suggestion is declined?

too bad Sad
Pages: 1 2