Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS Doubt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Wolfgang Krauser

- I have a small doubt with the FPS.
- Well for a game to run normally, must be 60 FPS.
- I have a Mario Kart Wii, and when I play 1 player mode, it runs perfectly.
- Now when I play 4 players mode, the FPS drop me from 60 to 15 FPS, which drops too low.

I know my problem is my processor, I have a 2.7 MHz Intel Core i5

My question is, what processor must have for Mario Kart Wii running in full mode 4 players?

Run with a 3.5 Mhz processor 100% in mode 4 players? or need more?

I Run this game in a [color=#FF4500]Notebook[/color]
Well, pls post your complete Dolphin settings and the specs of your notenook.

Maybe we can gain more FPS with some special settings Wink
2.7Mhz is astounding!

jk

if your on a notebook, dolphin will stress your system pretty hard, MK seems to slow down quiet a bit even when just doing 2 people on a desktop. as mentioned above i would post notebook specs and dolphin settings
I don't think any cpu can guarantee fullspeed in 4 player mode.
Not to mention when you have 3 or more players the game is designed to play at 30 FPS Big Grin

Wolfgang Krauser

(01-14-2012, 06:01 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Well, pls post your complete Dolphin settings and the specs of your notenook.

Maybe we can gain more FPS with some special settings Wink

Notebook Specifications:

[color=#FF0000]Samsung RF510

Windows 7 64 bit
Intel Core i5 - 2.7 MHz
Nvidia GeForce GT 420M 1GB
4GB Ram[/color]

Screenshots my Dolphin settings:

[Image: 41461993.jpg]

[Image: 35016615.jpg]

thats are my specification.
sry for double post ... i forget... version of Dolhpin i use... 3.0-368
Well your GPU is a little bit weak, but maybe it can handle the IR 1.5x, i think.

hm, your settings are ok. but you can check "Lock Threads to Cores" and "OpenMP Texture Decoder". And pls uncheck "Force Texture Filtering" and set graphics backend to "Direct3d9" (this is faster than Direct3d11)

Well, lots of FPS you won't gain with this little settings. The i5 mobile isn't strong enough to handle games, when you're playing with more players.

Wolfgang Krauser

Well thanks for the help ... while increasing the speed of the game ... but still is slow .. but thank you very much for the help ... now ... dolphin can play with 4 players? with some more powerful processor or impossible? if so, what processor you recommend? and thanks again for your help.
with a more powerful CPU yes, like an OC'd AMD like i have or an i5-2500k or i7 you could probably get close to acceptable with 4 people. in a laptop, no way i just don't see a fast enough CPU for a laptop out there unless you buy a $2-3k laptop