Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: RVL-CNT-01-TR (new Wiimote) attempted fix on Mac (Lion)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dm44

Not sure who this might help or how to communicate with devs.

I'm a developer and looked into the problem with the new revision of the Wiimote. Looking at the Windows change to support it, it looked like it was just an issue identifying the wiimote. So I made changes to Source/Core/Core/Src/HW/WiimoteReal/IODarwin.mm first to dump information from the wiimote, then modify it to find it.

The previous revision wiimotes report themselves as kBluetoothDeviceClassMinorPeripheral2Joystick (1), where as the new wiimote reports itself as kBluetoothDeviceClassMinorPeripheral2Gamepad (2).

So I changed the code to look for minor code 2.

It does connect, but then disconnects in a couple of seconds before you can do anything with the wiimote. The buzzer does not get activated. I don't know how its supposed to look with Mac Lion's bluetooth setup. I removed the wiimote from known bluetooth devices, used Dolphin to find the device. As soon as it connects, it shows up in bluetooth preferences showing connected. I don't know if this is a problem, if possibly Lion is communicating with the wiimote or if the protocol has changed.
I had assumed the protocol must have stayed the same if its working with Windows with the minor fix.

Is there information available somewhere about how to sniff the communication with the Wiimote? How do folks go about figuring out how to communicate with it?

I googled and found out that XCode on Mac includes a packet logger for bluetooth. I may give that a try tomorrow.

dm44

(01-13-2012, 11:52 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you seen this thread?

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=19948

Yes, I have seen that thread. I have one of the last posts asking about a fix for Mac.
I've now read through all 30 pages of that thread. The change I made above fixes the identifiers for the wiimote, but I see no information about why the toshiba stack is required to get it to work on windows. Since the Mac includes its own Bluetooth stack, that implies that it may not work Mac is it doesn't like the stack. I don't understand the relationship between the Bluetooth stack and dolphin. Does it need to pair with the stack or does dolphin handle it?

Are there any other Mac programs that are working with the new wiimote?
Windows was able to pair with the new wiimote.

The most we were able to get from the default Windows BT stack were button statuses. No accelerometer data was being received. This sounds similar to what is happening on OSX.
Quote: Is there information available
somewhere about how to sniff
the communication with the
Wiimote? How do folks go about
figuring out how to communicate
with it?
Take a look at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiimote

lucatsm

Any News???????????
We need -TR working on OSX (Lion)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!