Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: a solution to cutting songs in mario galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I noticed lately that the option to enable / disable DTK DSP plugin does not work, it does not cause any accustomed in emulation, perhaps that is what may be causing the cutting music in games mario galaxy with the DSP plugin HLLE because it may disabling this option may be the DTK plugin during the game and causing the cut mario galaxy's music please ask that someone may disclose this to the developers of the emulator, as it can be the solution to one of the most boring of the emulator.Smile

(sorry if my English is bad, because I use google translator)Blush
That is not the reason. The issue is caused by an AFC looping issue present with HLE zelda ucode (which is also used by mario games) emulation.
(01-12-2012, 05:28 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]That is not the reason. The issue is caused by an AFC looping issue present with HLE zelda ucode (which is also used by mario games) emulation.

is to solve this?
therefore also use the LLE plugin, but when the FPS are low the sound is choking, do they have to solve this too?
No. Either use LLE or deal with the issue.
(01-12-2012, 05:36 AM)Jonatan Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2012, 05:28 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]That is not the reason. The issue is caused by an AFC looping issue present with HLE zelda ucode (which is also used by mario games) emulation.

is to solve this?

Who knows whether this can or cannot be fixed with HLE... This question basically can only be accurately answered as soon as the root cause of the issue is found... Unless a time machine is used...
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid155060

Quote:therefore also use the LLE plugin, but when the FPS are low the sound is choking, do they have to solve this too?

When emulating the DSP in a HLE level (by trying to reproduce the behaviour of the UCodes by ourselves, which can cause issues because emulation accuracy isn't preserved), the performance impact is somewhat trivial. Thus, basically, you only have two major GC/Wii components to emulate: the CPU and the GPU.

However, LLE emulation of the DSP can be a beast. The DSP (digital signal processor?) is hard to emulate, so the performance impact may vary from "average" (when few sounds are played at once, especially with streamed music) to "massive" (when the game does something complex such as playing sequenced music, or otherwise playing lots of sounds at once).
This can easily slow emulation down a lot. And when under 100% speed, the emulated audio output will be discontinuous. There may exist methods other than dropping and resuming sound alternatively (which Dolphin does), but as of now there aren't many options currently...

Long story short, while the audio synchronization method may be "improved" later, the same can't be said for LLE DSP emulation which adds a 3rd major component to emulate. The best formula (which, even, may not guarantee 100% speed at all times in games such as SMG/ZTP, but is better than nothing) would be using a CPU with great per-clock performance (which would include Sandy/Ivy Bridge CPUs, especially overclocked ones)... Also, if you have enough CPU cores, you may give the "DSP on thread" option a try, which should reduce the performance hit a bit.

Should I add a "Feel free to correct me if I said something wrong or inaccurate" sentence whenever I write something as long as this? Tongue