Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Alternate textures - Tutorial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Note: You need adobe photoshop cs4 or other image editor (must be compatible with .tga files)and the latest version of dolphin

1. Open dolphin and start playing the game that you want to change the textures.

2. When you see the texture that you want to change, go to 'opengl plugin' settings, 'advanced' and activate dump textures.

[attachment=650]
[attachment=654]
3. Now play a bit (5 seconds) then close dolphin ( make sure you disable 'dump textures' option.

4. Open photoshop (or the program that you are using) and go to "Dolphin\User\Dump\Textures\RSBP01 "(this is your game code, "RSBP01" is brawl code). Here you will see some .tga files. They are a file type used for textures. Take a time and open all fils until you find the textures you want to change.
[attachment=655]
5. Now with some work, change your texture.

6. Save your texture in "Dolphin\User\Load\Textures\RSBP01"(Don't change the name of the file and make sure it will be saved in .tga file type) .

7. Open dolphin, 'open gl plugin' settings, 'advanced', activate 'load hi-res textures'.
[attachment=657]
8. Finally play the game and go to the same place where you get the textures. You will see your 'hires textures' there.
[attachment=658]
It can be done easier with GIMP, Photoshop is too complex
Maybe your are right.... time to change!
Sounds so easy even I could do it! Except I have no skills in photo editing...

maybe I'll just try and make something retardedTongue
Can we increase resolution? I tried, but it didn't load the texture with increased resolution... =/
Hmm.
Hi-res texture loading isn't very complete at all.
And there are some bugs in it which i might look into.