Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I don't get it....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

gdfsgdfg

My pc is a piece of shit but whatever lets put that away.

When i use opengl or directx9 ssbm doesn't work at all (cause i don't have pixel shader 2.0)
But if i use software renderer the intro/sound works very slow.

if i also enable hardware rasterization i can't see anything but the sound works 100% also it says constant 30 fps how is that possible?

I wish it worked cause i never had a console other than the crappy nes.
if only the rendering worked grr
The software renderer is not for playing games, didn't you read the message that comes up when you selected it? Get a new PC, it's never going to work.

gdfsgdfg

Then why don't they make it for games then everyone wouldn't need upgrades anymore

and to be honest we don't even have at least an i3 especially gtx or radeon hd upper than 4XXX in this city
just so you know i managed to play cave story wii using that method even though its insane how you need to have more than 2 gbs ram to run when i got 512 mbs.
(01-11-2012, 02:08 AM)gdfsgdfg Wrote: [ -> ]Then why don't they make it for games then everyone wouldn't need upgrades anymore

Sorry, you're beyond help now. You don't get it and I'm not going to explain it to you. Maybe someone else will.
(01-11-2012, 02:08 AM)gdfsgdfg Wrote: [ -> ]Then why don't they make it for games then everyone wouldn't need upgrades anymore

and to be honest we don't even have at least an i3 especially gtx or radeon hd upper than 4XXX in this city
just so you know i managed to play cave story wii using that method even though its insane how you need to have more than 2 gbs ram to run when i got 512 mbs.

Software rasterization is just that, relying on the CPU to do 100% of the rendering. With other emulators for systems like NES, SNES, GBA, PSX, and even the DS, software rasterization is entirely feasible. But given Dolphin, it's a different beast. Even on tomorrow's hardware, you'll probably never get anywhere just using your CPU. You're going to need a GPU to play Dolphin, no two ways about it. Save up and buy a new PC.

Also, how is 2GB of RAM insane? Most computers ship with this at a minimum. Upgrading RAM is cheaper than buying dirt too. :p
2gb ram?
dolphin takes 300-400...
firefox takes more than this...
dont cry... export more weed
do you know how old shader 2.0 is?
if you can't emulate wii...
stay with your original wii... and play your pirated games
lol what are his exact specs
Don't worry, you and I are (almost) in the same boat. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll help you the best I can.
(01-11-2012, 10:17 AM)kory.l.hansen Wrote: [ -> ]Don't worry, you and I are (almost) in the same boat. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll help you the best I can.

Need any help?
If your GPU dosent support pixel shader 2.0 then you cant do shit with it, even dolphin 2.0 needs it, dont know about 1.01, thats if it still exists anywhere on the internet.

Just try ordering for a PC online if its not available in your area, they usaully deliver even if you live in the bottom of a volcano...(shipping price will differ though)
Pages: 1 2