Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: how would this computer perform on Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. I'm in the middle of upgrading my computer (specifically the CPU, motherboard and RAM) and I'm wondering how well it would run Wii games, specifically a couple that I want to play: Metroid Prime Trilogy and Skyward Sword.

Intel Core i5 2500K (I plan to OC it to at least 4.0ghz)
8GB DDR3 RAM from G.SKILL's Ripjaws series
Radeon HD 4890 1GB

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and Dolphin 3.0-223.

Thanks in advance.
just fine...
but i would say wait until ivy bridge is released
Thanks for the reply. I was mostly worried about the GPU being the bottleneck, but I guess I don't have much to worry about.

I considered waiting for Ivy Bridge, but I got impatient at the end. xD
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=18414
nothing to worry Smile
the CPU is the main bottleneck
oc to 4.5 ghz and you'll be fullspeed on everything
Quote:oc to 4.5 ghz and you'll be fullspeed on everything

Not everything, but most games. Many games will not run well on any cpu.
From what I've read on the wiki, both Skyward Sword and MPT can run fullspeed or close to it, so that's good news...

I'd love to try it now since my upgrades arrived, but I want to wait until I get my PSU replaced. I don't trust my Thermaltake TR2 RX 850W after what I've read about that line. :/
850W?
more than enough...
if the psu get broken...
buy a new...
Finally got my new PC built.

Skyward Sword runs almost flawlessly at 1080p, 3x IR and my CPU @ 4.5GHz, though I have to disable Aero, and run D3DOverrider and enable Vsync to get it running smoothly and tear-free.. For some reason it lags more with Aero enabled. :/

MPT freezes beyond the main menu, and I'm too lazy to modify the iso, so that game's out.
Just buy the metroid prime games separately.
Pages: 1 2