Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which CPU for playing "DSP-LLE-only" titles like Super Mario Galaxy in Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks,

I recently bought myself a wiimote plus for using it with dolphin and I must say, that I never thought Wii gaming could be that cool ;-) Of course there aren't that much good games as for the PS3 or XBox 360, but the controlling is really cool!

Now I'm having problems with some games like Super Mario Galaxy or Zelda Wind Waker because they only seem to be working correctly with the DSP "LLE" (not HLE).

What kind of computer do I need to play those games with LLE without any stuttering/other problems? Please note: I'm not really a friend of overclocking since I use my hardware a long time ;-)

You can see my current machine in my user information. Thanks in advance.

Bye The_Unknown
Sandy Bridge...OVERCLOCKED
Nope, Ivy Bride...OVERCLOCKED
(01-09-2012, 01:08 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, Ivy Bride...OVERCLOCKED

Even better ^^ Big Grin
Mhm, isn't there any way to avoid overclocking? I don't want to hurt my hardware ;-)
Nope.
Even with an overclocked sandy bridge many games will still not run at fullspeed with LLE, LLE will cause audio issues when the game is not running at fullspeed, and there are some games that will have audio issues with LLE even when running at fullspeed. So don't expect any miracles.
What if we tried in one of those super machines designed to be servers and shit? I'm not sure if this is it, but I'm guessing Intel Xeon fits in that description..
(01-09-2012, 01:00 PM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]What if we tried in one of those super machines designed to be servers and shit? I'm not sure if this is it, but I'm guessing Intel Xeon fits in that description..

the actual cores in those things are not that fast but its just the amount of cores that makes it fast. Server processors are the worst kind to use for dolphin as they are made for heavily multi threaded use something Dolphin absolutely doesn't.