Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 3.0 random crashes possible fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Maniak2000

Hello all. I'm using Dolphin 3.0 x64 stable version on Windows 7 x64 and it used to crash randomly from every 5 minutes to every few hours, it didn't metter what game I was playing (Error code 0xC0000005). If this sounds like a problem you're having try this: run the emulator in compatibility mode with Windows Vista SP2. That worked for me, no more random crashes for me (or parhaps they're extremly rare, or I'm VERY lucky). I haven't tested it on other windows versions or 32 bit version or dolphin. Try other compatibility modes if you don't use Win 7 x64, maybe some will work better for you.

Please reply if this fixes random crashes for you or not.
tried other revision?
and which rev do you use?

Maniak2000

I use official release of 3.0 most of the time and 3.0.367 for Paper Mario TTYD Seems to work on both of them.
Dolphin almost always crashes when I want to close the program. During emulation and gameplay, Dolphin never crashes, but when I click on "File -> Exit", it often crashes (APPCRASH). I wonder why?
This doesn't affect anything, but I'm curious why there are crashes.
So the revisions crashes too? I too use dolphin 3.0 x64 stable and I was thinking of switch to one of the last revisions to avoid random crashes. Or there is a more stable version?
Use the latest version of dolphin.