Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Notebook spec too low?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kingarthur_2

Hey, i have an acer tm 5740g. Specs are:

Win 7 HP 64-bit
Intel i5 2,53 GHz DualCore TB up to 2,9 GHz
Mobility HD 5650 with 1 gb ram
8 gb ddr3 ram 1066 MHz

I think these specs should make games like super smash bros melee or worms 3d play without lag. but this is not so. in super smash bros the game slows down from 60-50 to 20 fps when i play longer games in 1 vs 1 or if i start a 2 vs 2 game. In "The Simpsons -Hit and Run" the play is fine until i take a car. then the fps is slowing rapidly down when other cars are near to my car (?!? why that).

My setting are like the perfomance guide in forum.But i have to turn EFB Copies on to "Virtual", because the textures would be shown black.

I tested several dolphin version, like r 7719M, 3.0-362-dirty and r6887. I didnt recognize any perfomance kicks, only the r-version have better graphics, i think.

I think it's the cpu that slows it down, but i thought super smash worked on even worse pc like mine. And is there any trouble on the thread management, cause the games are starting with 8 threads, i think thats too much. Can i disable that? Or any other advice?

Thx!
Sry that this is under "general discussion", but i dont know how to delay this thread to support forum Sad so i hope u can help me in this forum Big Grin
try turning turboboost off in the BIOS
Why on earth would he do that? All that will do is cap his clock rate at a lower number and reduce performance.

Turn on lock threads to cores since your system is clearly using HT and check your temperatures using coretemp while running dolphin.

We also need your settings.

kingarthur_2

Ok, here my specs:

[attachment=7207]
[attachment=7208]

Should work fine with this specs i think. These specs were for Worms 3D, and i see my CPU is way too hot!!! I played only a few min., then it slowed down rapidly. I will send my notebook back for warranty, they should repair that Big Grin

Thx!
(01-09-2012, 07:28 AM)kingarthur_2 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, here my specs:

[attachment=7209]

Should work fine with this specs i think. These specs were for Worms 3D, and i see my CPU is way too hot!!! I played only a few min., then it slowed down rapidly. I will send my notebook back for warranty, they should repair that Big Grin

Thx!

Ah, are you from Germany? Me too Smile Ok, i'll explain it in German and in EnglishTongue

Aktiviere bitte "OpenMP Texture Decoder" und "keine Beleuchtung". Das erhöht die FPS Rate noch etwas Wink Falls du auf bessere Grafik verzichten kannst, setze die Internal Resolution auf 1x (Native). Vergewissere dich auch, dass du Dual Core und Idle Skipping aktiviert hast.

Activate "OpenMP Texture Decoder" and "Disable Lighting". This is a good speedup option Wink. If you can renounce on a good graphic, than set the Internal Resolution to 1x (Native). Be also sure to check "Enable Dual Core" and "Enable Idle Skipping".

kingarthur_2

native 1x resolution sucks Big Grin
Ok i make this next time. Is there a way to avoid EFB Copies? On Super Smash and Zelda TD i have to turn this on and then it's much slower. But first i have to get the temps down! See my repost after the specs. Then i try it again. In 1, 2 weeks i think.

And: Ja ich bin Deutscher Big Grin
Users should never activate disable lighting. Unless the user has a piss poor gpu it should not provide any speedup and it causes major visual issues in many games. His GPU is good enough to handle 2x or even 3x IR.