Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any way to know why iZ3D drivers only work with 32-bit Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using Dolphin 3.0 and the latest iZ3D drivers with a passive 3D monitor and my god do the games look amazing in 3D!

http://forum.iz3d.com/index.php

[Image: mk3d.th.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Problem is that the iZ3D drivers only work with Dolphin 32-bit builds, is there any way to know why the drivers won't work with 64-bit builds of Dolphin or do I better ask them?
(01-07-2012, 03:59 PM)guru64 Wrote: [ -> ]is there any way to know why the drivers won't work with 64-bit builds of Dolphin or do I better ask them?

It's because IZ3D only supports the following formats in 64-bit mode:
  • Anaglyph mode
  • Color coded mode
  • ATI HD3D Checkerboard mode
  • ATI DLP Mode
If you checked the folders of IZ3D you would have seen the DLL files being available in the 64bit folders.
The problem comes from iZ3D's licensing system. They told a while ago on their user forum that they didn't make it fully 64 bit compatible.
The outputs that are not locked by the licensing system (free outputs) can run 64bit games, the outputs that require an activation code are blocked by the licensing system which cannot run in 64 bit games.

Unfortunately, there is very little chance of iZ3D fixing this problem because they went submarine this summer.