Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Static Sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry if this is a double post or anything, I tried searching for stuff about it, found one topic, but the only response was that it was fixed in another version..well I have the newest version...but I am still having the issue, so here goes.

RydiaMist just helped me solve the issue with FF: the After Years not loading my DLC, but thats fine now, but my issue is that I am getting this weird Radio Static sound in the background. I have tried playing with the DSP settings, but to no avail. Did someone make a patch or something to fix this and I can't seem to find it? Please let me know..
This might be the result of the team messing around with the DSP plugins in general. They're trying to more fully understand the DSP chip, and they've been making progress hand over fist trying to get either a Zelda or a Mario game to produce something resembling sound. As far as I can tell they haven't succeeded yet, but this might be what's causing the issues.

Can you identify if this is a recent issue, and if so what revision caused it to start producing static? Does it produce any other sound, like is the static on top of the music or the sound effects, or is it just static?
(06-20-2009, 11:38 AM)thegamefreak0134 Wrote: [ -> ]This might be the result of the team messing around with the DSP plugins in general. They're trying to more fully understand the DSP chip, and they've been making progress hand over fist trying to get either a Zelda or a Mario game to produce something resembling sound. As far as I can tell they haven't succeeded yet, but this might be what's causing the issues.

Can you identify if this is a recent issue, and if so what revision caused it to start producing static? Does it produce any other sound, like is the static on top of the music or the sound effects, or is it just static?

Well I'm new to this emulator in general, however, I first DL'd the revision that is hosted on the main website, I believe it is 3404. That version had the static with the music to the game, and the current version I am using is 3486 which let me install the DLC for FF: The After Years, but still had the static with the music to the game. I have played with the options in the DSP settings a little bit, but to no avail.

cmccmc

it's a game issue
(06-20-2009, 12:35 PM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]it's a game issue

Is there no remedy for it yet? Cause it would seem pretty pointless for me to capture it with that issue in place.

cmccmc

I don't think there's a remedy... At least not one I can think of... I'm not thinking very hard though XD
(06-20-2009, 12:49 PM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there's a remedy... At least not one I can think of... I'm not thinking very hard though XD

It's all good. Thanks for trying anyway...if anyone else has any options I am willing to try to fix this.
i heard the devs are working on HLE(is this right?) plugin right now. i think that might be a possible solution.

cmccmc

LLE not HLE LLE is as close to the hardware as possible HLE is an optimized version. That red by your rep looks bad you know
(06-20-2009, 01:29 PM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]LLE not HLE LLE is as close to the hardware as possible HLE is an optimized version. That red by your rep looks bad you know

ooops!! LLE not HLE...... my bad.

You have hurt my feelings cmccmc. Sad
Pages: 1 2