Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SSBM/SSBB full speed, Need some help with the settings/revisions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Mardukas

Hello people, I'm new to the forums.

Some time ago I've tried to run SSBM on my PC and got some good results on 1x1, but some slowdowns on 3+ players made me give up for some time. I was trying again with the new revisions and got no changes in the performance at all, and searching on the forums I saw some people questioning about how some old revisions ran better "this" or "that" game. Here are my PC specs:

MoBo: ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+, not OC.
RAM: Corsair XMS2 4GB (2x2GB @ Dual-Channel) DDR2 800
GPU: XFX NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1GB GDDR3

So, there is a revision appropriate to run these games at full speed? Can I run them (or any of them) at full speed in some way? I was trying to figure out the difference of VPS ans FPS, but couldn't, too. Could someone, please, help me with that questions?

If there is more information needed, just ask me and I'll post.

Thanks in advance.
no, oc cpu or get an intel

Mardukas

There's only these options?

Some people posted on the Dolphin wiki for SSBM that they were running it great even with Core i3 with less cpu speed, or Intel Dual Core, and that's the reason for me to create this thread. I know they're Intel, and I could be wrong assuming that, but it isn't a Athlon X2 @3.0GHz more powerful than a Intel Dual Core cpu?
i don't want to explain why
but amd is always slower than intel with the same clocks when it comes to "emulation"
there are a few threads where everything is explained...
intel's architecture is just superior when it comes to emulation its like over 9000
Quote:Some people posted on the Dolphin wiki for SSBM that they were running it great even with Core i3 with less cpu speed, or Intel Dual Core, and that's the reason for me to create this thread. I know they're Intel, and I could be wrong assuming that, but it isn't a Athlon X2 @3.0GHz more powerful than a Intel Dual Core cpu?

Not even close. An i3 is way faster than an athlon X2 at the same clock rate. You're comparing an ancient amd cpu against a modern intel cpu. An athlon X2 is too slow for dolphin.

Quote:I was trying to figure out the difference of VPS ans FPS, but couldn't, too. Could someone, please, help me with that questions?

FPS = frames per second, the number of images that the GPU writes to the backbuffer (screen space) per second, it is used to measure the speed of the emulated gpu
VPS = vertical interruptions per second, which refers to the refresh rate of the screen that is controlled by the gc/wii cpu (so it's completely virtual, it has nothing to do with your hardwares refresh rate), it is used to measure the speed of the emulated cpu
not really, i have one and i can run ssbb at 45 fps ntsc version 4 players
Quote:not really, i have one and i can run ssbb at 45 fps ntsc version 4 players

You have an athlon II, not an athlon X2.

Mardukas

Thanks for the information. It seems like my next PC is NOT to be an AMD-Based. At least I still can play a little on Melee. =]

gdfsgdfg

amd sucks, now they bought ati and it will get even worse in the future
(01-12-2012, 12:37 AM)gdfsgdfg Wrote: [ -> ]amd sucks, now they bought ati and it will get even worse in the future

they bought ati in 2006...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI_Technologies
Pages: 1 2