Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with Dolphin D:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tormunds

Hi, i am tormunds and... I have a problem with ANY dolphin. I have to pause it for 15 or 20 seconds to play with real speed, i think its a problem with my batery, look:

I have 17 FPS, and i pause it (i pause the emulator with f10), i wait 20 or 15 seconds and i unpause it, the emulator have 60 fps, but only for a seconds, 30 or 20. I don't know, before, i played this same emulator every time with 30 or 60 fps, and now, only with 17 fps. ¿What i can do to can play? This happens with ALL games, but i want to play only Smash Bros Brawl, or Zelda Wind Waker/Twilight Princess.. Oh and happens with Gamecube games too.
Your computer is too slow. How many GHz is your CPU?

tormunds

This is my pc:

AMD Athlon™ II P320 Dual-Core Processor
2.1 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.89 GHz
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

It could be overheating. But those specs are pretty bad.

Check your temps.

tormunds

(01-06-2012, 01:23 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]It could be overheating. But those specs are pretty bad.

Check your temps.

I don't speak very much english but.. I think it's this:

Tj. Max: 100ºC
CPU #0: 67ºC
thats definately an overheating problem. since your running a laptop there isnt much you can do (that i know of) apart from getting a laptop stand/cooler,
or you can try raising the laptop a bit by putting a book underneath where the battery part is. ultimately that wont fix the problem but it helps with air flow

tormunds

Mmm but i'm using a cooler :S
then (unless somebody has a good idea) there isn't anything you can do and have to live with it
What cooler is it?