Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which Processor Would perform best on Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are currently 2 I'm really interested in and are both under $330 but i heard that having higher Ghz than more maters most when it comes to emulation...?
please Pm/Post which is better because im confused at this point and i know any i3 + would outperform these processors... also more details on the Ebay Page Just search the item number.

Item number- 270883682283 Intel Core 2 Quad 2.56 Ghz
Item number- 310369275374 Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 Ghz

Thanks in advance and sorry for posting so much... Sad
Wow, just get a i5, they're less than 330...
1)Best performance : Get i5 2500k and Z68/P67 motherboard
2) Nice performance : Get i3 2100 , i5 2300/2400/2500 and H67 MB
3)For Dolphin : Get that Core 2 Duo and keep your current motherboard (Dolphin uses 2 cores)
4)For PC games and multi-tasking app : Get that Quad Core

Option 3 , 4 need overclocking to run dolphin smoothly.Option 2 is not overclockable

Choose your poison !!!
Have you guys even checked the pages on ebay?
They are complete builds, not just processors.
Quadcore build
Core 2 Duo build

The Duo would perform a bit better than the quadcore build. However... it lacks a lot of information.
The Quadcore has better general specs than the Duo build.

The big downside to both of these builds (I'm assuming for the Duo here) is that they don't have a dedicated GPU.

You should look for better deals.
What is the max budget you'd like to spend?
The max budget I'd spend is $350 Smile
Also i mainly just want to play Gamcube games and some wii games like super mario bros. would the quad core be ok because i really see this one as a great buy and i have a nvidea gefore 220 graphics card on my old desktop i could just remove it which also has an intel celron 3.33 ghz and runs some Gamecubehe it games lol Smile But this Processor is SOO old anything is better than this at this point haha