Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: All my games have a poor FPS rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

I only have two games at the moment, Super Smash Bros Melee and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes and I am currently running Dolphin version 3.0-363. For some reason whenever I run games on Dolphin they all run very slowly and sound constantly keep disappearing and sometimes the game/Dolphin freezes.

My computer specs are:

Intel Core i7 2.67GHz
6GB Ram
NVIDIA 8800 GT
Windows 7

I hope that someone can help me, thanks. ^^
(01-05-2012, 07:03 AM)Damon163 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone!

I only have two games at the moment, Super Smash Bros Melee and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes and I am currently running Dolphin version 3.0-363. For some reason whenever I run games on Dolphin they all run very slowly and sound constantly keep disappearing and sometimes the game/Dolphin freezes.

My computer specs are:

Intel Core i7 2.67GHz
6GB Ram
NVIDIA 8800 GT
Windows 7

I hope that someone can help me, thanks. ^^

I also forgot to add that the Dolpin settings are are set to the default settings.
then you should try changing your settings Wink
firstly you should read the performance guide and then search your games in the wiki, there may be special settings.
Okay now I have changed the settings according to that guide, it improved alot but now when too much stuff happens on the screen the FPS drops and the game gets laggy.
(01-05-2012, 09:14 AM)Damon163 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay now I have changed the settings according to that guide, it improved alot but now when too much stuff happens on the screen the FPS drops and the game gets laggy.

Take what you can get.

No emulator is perfect.

Welcome to emulation. This kind of stuff tends to happen.

Edit: Damn, beat me by a minute.
(01-05-2012, 09:52 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to emulation. This kind of stuff tends to happen.

Sorry about that.Blush
(01-05-2012, 09:55 AM)werewolfyman Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2012, 09:52 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to emulation. This kind of stuff tends to happen.

Sorry about that.Blush

Haha alright I'll somewhat accept that, at least now it works alot better compared to before! Thanks alot for the help! Big Grin