Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bootup error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Wolfy2k4

Hi there, completely new to this emulator. Thought I'd try one of my GC discs on my PC. However, when I try to run the game I get a big error sheet beginning with "error X4555: invalid type used for 'VPOS' input semantics"

Any idea where I'm going wrong? Do I need to extract my GC bios from console first?

Many thanks in advance.
I see now the error is in fact "Error compiling pixel shader".. It may be to do with my inadequate graphics card. All the same, I'd like to try and get this working if possible. So again, thanks for any tips in advance!

Dolphin 3.0 64Bit
Win 7 64Bit
AMD phenom II Triple core 1.8Ghz
ATi Mobility HD4270
2 Gig ram.

Yeah, your GPU looks inadequate as you say. Dolphin needs Pixel Shader 2.0, but I believe the ATi Mobility HD4270 supports Pixel Shader 4.0, or at the least 3.0. Have you tried the latest Dolphin revision and updated the drivers for your card?

At any rate, you can disable those shader error messages. Click on the Graphics button and go to the Advanced tab. The box you want to check is under Misc. Even if Dolphin ignores the errors, don't expect it to play too well with your laptop. Your CPU runs too low. Some games might be fine if can deal with half-speed, but otherwise you'll have a hard time getting things to run decently.
Quote:At any rate, you can disable those shader error messages. Click on the Graphics button and go to the Advanced tab. The box you want to check is under Misc.

I don't see any option to disable shader errors in there. What option are you talking about?

Turning off panic handlers might get rid of it.

@Wolfy

Make sure your directx runtimes and video drives are both up to date. Try the other video backends as well.
(01-05-2012, 09:58 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:At any rate, you can disable those shader error messages. Click on the Graphics button and go to the Advanced tab. The box you want to check is under Misc.

I don't see any option to disable shader errors in there. What option are you talking about?

Turning off panic handlers might get rid of it.

@Wolfy

Make sure your directx runtimes and video drives are both up to date. Try the other video backends as well.

The option has apparently been removed in latest builds but is in Dolphin 3.0 (Graphics/Advanced/Misc/Hide Shader Errors)