Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AR Codes cause Dolphin to crash?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jwnz

I enabled Cheats and I tried the AR codes for ( texture hacked ) super smash Bros Melee, with read only, both on and off. however, when I enabled a code without the (m) code the game would crash after the first button I pressed. But when I enabled the (m) code and hit apply the emulator would just crash completely. the error I get is:

(when I applied the (m) code )
"Action Replay Error: Master Code and Write to CCXXXXXX not implemented ((m))"

is the code suited to the region of the game?
and what version of Dolphin are you using?

Edit: do bear in mind that some AR codes are unstable and WILL crash games, i can think of 3 codes just for SSBB that will crash a game if you press too many buttons

Jwnz

(01-05-2012, 12:30 AM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]is the code suited to the region of the game?
and what version of Dolphin are you using?

Edit: do bear in mind that some AR codes are unstable and WILL crash games, i can think of 3 codes just for SSBB that will crash a game if you press too many buttons

I'm using version 3.0 of dolphin, and It's Melee not Brawl. ( the game cube game )
i used brawl as an example because i know of a few codes that dont work on it

what codes are you using exactly?

Jwnz

(01-05-2012, 11:41 AM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]i used brawl as an example because i know of a few codes that dont work on it

I figured it out, Turns out your mot supposed to activate the (m) code and the I had to manually add the codes I wanted. It works now. The codes pre-programmed ( i guess ) were for a different version of the game.

In the long run, I'm sure I helped a few people possibly having the same problem.
(01-06-2012, 05:16 AM)Jwnz Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2012, 11:41 AM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]i used brawl as an example because i know of a few codes that dont work on it

The codes pre-programmed ( i guess ) were for a different version of the game.

I am a bit late here, but the pre-included codes for USA/NTSC-U versions of the game are apparently buggy as I already explained below:

(06-14-2011, 03:41 AM)Dimitri Wrote: [ -> ]Some pre-included codes (in this case: for the NTSC-U version) appear to contain a bad line at the beginning, which tells the AR to zero out 0x080001 bytes of data. Look at each code in the list, and if you ever see a line such as "00081A8F 08000000" at the beginning, delete it and try again.
A better (but time-consuming) way to fix that would be to replace buggy AR codes with ones that can be found in the Internet, by pasting them in (a relatively recent build/revision of) Dolphin. The AR decrypter should do the job properly for you.

(I think someone should open an issue on the dolphin-cheats-database repository (the GameConfig/GameIni database) for that... But then again, maybe there's a way to catch all these buggy lines using Notepad++ or something else...)