Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Contoller diabled with latest version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Solamon77

I have recently upgraded Dolphin to the latest version (3.0-354) and since doing so I can't get my 360 controller to work anymore. I have been digging around in this forum for an answer but haven't found any that work for me. The strange thing is that the controller registers from within the Dolphin GCPad configuration screen and the game I am playing (Muramasa) supports the Gamecube controller, but unfortunately, my controller doesn't register from within the game. My controller still works in the release version of Dolphin 3.0, but unfortunately that version crashes a lot on me.

I suspect the problem might be that the emulator keeps looking for a WiiMote that isn't there. I came to this conclusion because when I map the WiiMote to my 360 control I can play the game. If so, do you have any advice for me? Has anyone else had a similar problem and solved it? Here is some basic info about my system:

Intel i7 3.4ghz
8gb Ram
Radeon 5870
Windows 7 64-bit
Dolphin 3.0-354
360 Wired Controller

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.
(01-04-2012, 10:37 AM)Solamon77 Wrote: [ -> ]I have recently upgraded Dolphin to the latest version (3.0-354) and since doing so I can't get my 360 controller to work anymore. I have been digging around in this forum for an answer but haven't found any that work for me. The strange thing is that the controller registers from within the Dolphin GCPad configuration screen and the game I am playing (Muramasa) supports the Gamecube controller, but unfortunately, my controller doesn't register from within the game. My controller still works in the release version of Dolphin 3.0, but unfortunately that version crashes a lot on me.

I suspect the problem might be that the emulator keeps looking for a WiiMote that isn't there. I came to this conclusion because when I map the WiiMote to my 360 control I can play the game. If so, do you have any advice for me? Has anyone else had a similar problem and solved it? Here is some basic info about my system:

Intel i7 3.4ghz
8gb Ram
Radeon 5870
Windows 7 64-bit
Dolphin 3.0-354
360 Wired Controller

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.
I am not sure if I understand all the set up on dolphin perfectly yet, but I believe the config was doctored differently on the -354 version, which messes up on me in a different way.

But I did encounter the same bug you are talking about, I fixed this By moving my saved games out of the User users/GC folder, and wiping my entire Dolphin folder out, re installing the entire game, and setting up my controllers again from scratch.

This got my controller working correctly again. I believe the config ini may be changed slightly in the -354, (I am only guessing, I wiped it rather quickly without checking it out) so if you carried your config over from a previous ver. this may not work right.

However I had another problem with -354 version which finally forced me to scrub it entirely until I feel safer about re installing it. I just don't want to risk my save games again at this time.

OH I forgot to tell why I moved save games so I could put them back after re installing. Did not want to lose them.