Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Speedup on Very Old PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am now the owner of the Gateway LT4004u netbook (yes, I know, netbooks suck at gaming). This particular one has the dual core Atom N2600. I've noticed a definite improvement in emulation speed, although it's still slow. I can manage 29+ fps in Target Smash on SSBM now. Maybe driver updates will allow Dolphin to go even faster.
(10-06-2012, 07:43 AM)kory.l.hansen Wrote: [ -> ]I am now the owner of the Gateway LT4004u netbook (yes, I know, netbooks suck at gaming). This particular one has the dual core Atom N2600. I've noticed a definite improvement in emulation speed, although it's still slow. I can manage 29+ fps in Target Smash on SSBM now. Maybe driver updates will allow Dolphin to go even faster.

Driver updates won't do much. Your CPU is the problem, and drivers won't change that. Dolphin isn't gonna get much faster than it is.
That's fine, I'm still (sort of) happy with the performance.
just no

[Image: untitle.JPG]
Just try to save up for a new PC. I don't know much about AMD builds, but I do know that Sandybridge and later intel CPUs work very good with this emulator, especially if you are able to overclock them.

I used to own a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 and remember it being an awesome card during its time! Too bad its generations old now and not even DX9 compatible IIRC
Pages: 1 2