Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to use a Wii Dolphin save on an actual Wiii system using an SD card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know it's possible to do the opposite, as I've seen on this forum, but can't find any into on placing saves back on the Wii. Any help is appreciated!
Yes you can. I've done it myself. You'll have to install Savegame Manager GX on your Wii in order to do this.
right click the game in your gamelist and export wii save, afterwords place the 'private' directory from the dolphin folder at the root of your sd card and use the wii save manager to import it
(01-03-2012, 07:57 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]right click the game in your gamelist and export wii save, afterwords place the 'private' directory from the dolphin folder at the root of your sd card and use the wii save manager to import it

Thanks.

So does that mean I absolutely have to mod my Wii before this can be done?
no, this should work even without any changes to a stock wii (with the exception of online games / other games with save protection)
The manager I gave you is much better than the default way of managing your saves.
Some games are also copy protected, that's where you'll need the manager I gave you.

Otherwise, follow the instructions above.
Not entirily sure, but I think copy-protected saves can be copied from SD to Wii in the Wii save manager, at least I've done that with SSBB. But that was on my sysmenu 3.4 that doesn't even have Twilight Hack blocked.
No you cant copy protected save games like Brawl and Monster Hunter. You might have done it another way.
(01-04-2012, 02:25 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]No you cant copy protected save games like Brawl and Monster Hunter. You might have done it another way.

Thanks for all your help, guys. I'll give it a shot. I'm trying to do this with Xenoblade Chronicles, so here's hoping it doesn't save-protect its files.
Ah, no need to worry then. Online games are usually protected so you can't edit the savefiles.
Xenoblade should work fine.
Pages: 1 2