Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: God won't allow me to use Doplhin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Wizardsofaltaria

Ok, I know this thread's name sounds funny, but I'll be EXTREMELY happy if anyone could help me with a very peculiar situation:

I'm playing The legend of Zelda: Windwaker, but can't finish it because of the Tower of the Gods glitch (the platforms won't move).

I searched the forums and so on, the solution seems to be found in downgrading to Dolphin 3.0-release. Now that's where the fun begins...

I tried to download that version, but just couldn't. No matter which source (Dolphin official site, Code Google, forum links, even re-packed and WinRARed packages by anyone out there on Megaupload and such) or browser (IE, Chrome, Mozilla) I used, the download was never finished.

I asked a friend to download it for me (on the first try), then transferred the self-extracting file to my computer via flash disk. After extracting, the Doplhin.exe file was missing.

I asked a friend to mail me a RARed exe file. The RAR extracts just fine, but the file won't appear in the target directory. Opening the RAR in Total Commander results in "The file doesn't exist" message.

We tried to send the file via Skype - "Error, Could not save the file"

I went to my friend and brought the exe file on my flash disk. Tried to copy it to my hard Drive - "You don't have a permission to copy this file"

So I copied other emulator file to that flash disk and launched Dolphin, even managing to load the Windwaker ISO. But then... the controls won't work. No matter which keys were set to which buttons, I couldn't even get past the Start screen.

I quitted Dolphin, tried to run it once more - "You don't have a permission to run this file" (I'm running everything as an administrator). That was too much.

So, if anyone could help me with EITHER getting the 3.0-release to work OR solve the Tower of the Gods glitch, I would be most grateful. (Posting a savefile being the least attractive solution.)

I'm sorry for this long testament of mine, but I'm seriously desperate. I haven't found anything like this on the forum, that's why I'm posting.

Wizardsofaltaria

Thank you, that might help. Smile

Wizardsofaltaria

Problem solved! Smile Smile Smile

Thank you once again, NaturalViolence, I have downloaded revision 3135 (a pre-bug version) and it works, the platforms now move! Smile
Not sure I would go that far back, try r6505.

Wizardsofaltaria

NaturalViolence, you're a miracle. Smile

Truth is, I didn't get far with 3135, several rooms after the one with the platforms, there was an unavoidable TLB crash. So I came back to this thread to cry for help once more and there you are, with the answer ready before I could even ask the question. Smile

r6505 worked perfectly and the cursed Tower of Gods is cleared! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Smile
reading that threat was like I was watching a horror movie o_O