Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DSP LLE sound stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using DSP LLE, playing F-Zero GX, when the game drops below 100% speed, the sound stutters horribly. A good example is the 3, 2, 1 countdown at the start of the race. It kinda goes like this:

Th...re...ee...ee...ee Tw...wo...oo...oo...oo On...ne...ne...ne... Go...oo...oo...oo...oo!

And its pretty much like that through the entire game.

I've tried turning off audio throttling, and simply limiting FPS to 60, which improves it slightly, but its still really bad.

HLE doesn't have this issue...

PC specs are:
i7 920 @ 3.8ghz
6gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Geforce GTX460 1GB
Sound Blaster XFi Fatal1ty
Thats how DSP LLE works, if the game speed isn't 100% you'll experience stuttering
ah right, so its pretty much inferior to HLE for 99% of games
(01-02-2012, 07:40 AM)AndehX Wrote: [ -> ]ah right, so its pretty much inferior to HLE for 99% of games

HLE- Audio speed or "compatibility"
LLE- Audio Quality or "accuracy"

So, superiority is subjective to the game.
For the most part, stick with LLE.
Compatibility is a result of accuracy. HLE is not more compatible than LLE.

LLE is less likely to have audio issues since it's more accurate. But since it's more accurate it is also much slower than HLE and will cause issues if it's not running at the correct speed. If it runs too fast it was cause crackling/popping and if it runs too slow it will sound choppy. Some games do more audio processing than others so the slowdown varies from game to game. If you can run it at fullspeed it is definitely the superior audio frontend.

HLE is much faster and doesn't distort the audio when the audio is running slower/faster than it should but is far more likely to have audio related issues in games (sounds that don't play, sounds that don't loop properly, volume out of whack, static noise, etc.).
yeah, ive noticed with HLE audio, theres alot of issues in metroid prime, like jumpy music, and random volume increases. Unfortunatly, it seems my i7 isnt fast enough to use LLE Sad