Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Mods (Smash Brothers Brawl Characters)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Hello all - I was unsure of where to put this question.

I recently downloaded the following Rar file contain Shadow and thought now would be a good time on how to learn to install modifications.

The file was obtained from the link within this Youtube Description showing the mod in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCmLkHjk...re=related

My question is where do I place the file in order to use it with my current save with everything unlocked?

To replace the file, you need WiiScrubber (Google it). However, that replaces it permanently. If you want, I can walk you through that. If not, wait until Dolphin implements soft-patching support.
Dolphin doesn't have inbuilt loading of custom files, you'll have to either insert the files into the iso with wiiscrubber, or use gecko codes to load them from an SD card image. (One Dolphin branch currently has full gecko support, but is not yet merged to the master branch)

Thanks to everyone.

Yes Hawaiian - A walk through would be appreciated. I've already made a copy for the game to be modded.
Is it possible to continually add new characters to one file?
Yup, you can replace a file as many times as you want.
First, download WiiScrubber and extract it. Open the MakeKeyBin.exe and type 42, then open WiiScrubber.exe. Load you Brawl iso. A ton of errors will come up about io read, just hold enter through those. For you case, open up the second thing on the list, then open the fighter folder. Then open the folder for Sonic. The files you downloaded should have specific names. Right click the file with the same name in WiiScrubber and select replace. Then browse to the file you downloaded and open it, then wait for WiiScrubber to reparse the ISO. Your done! Repeat as many times as you'd like.

Thanks for the assist Hawaiian -

I've managed to activate shadow use wii scrubber but he has permanently replaced sonic.
Is there any way of adding Shadow without replacing one of the main characters?
There's no way to add a new character, but you can just add one for one color of an existing character (i.e. Just put in the FitSonic03.pac.).
There's gecko codes for dynamic file loading, see some Brawl modding forums for these, haven't tried them myself. Setting stuff up yourself can be a pain, maybe someone have it all configurated for download. (You'll probably also need the Dolphin from the gecko branch)
I wonder how hard adding soft patching support would be. It is a cool feature to have in the future. Sorry if this seems like a bump.

SkyNinja

Sorry if this is considered a bump, but I wanted to say that so far, I haven't managed to get dynamic file loading via Gecko working. With the codes on, I get this message before the title screen loads.
BackPatch : Currently only supporting reads.

Attempted to write to 525342c5
Followed by
Backpatch write - not though EAX

So yep, looks like it's all WiiScrubber right now...
Pages: 1 2