Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rumble output in a different form
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tria

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum (but it is sub-labeled "missing feature?")

I was wondering if it is possible (development-wise in the emulator or plugin) to translate rumbles generated by games (for the controller) into a different output form.
For example, you could translate rumbles into low frequency bass audio output (20Hz-60Hz), this way if you have a "bass shaker" (device that shakes the couch based on low-freq bass audio) you can get the feedback/rumble feel in an immursive way throughout your whole body (especially because this kind of rumble is programmed by game developers, unlike the plain bass audio).

I already have the bass shaker working with audio output from Dolphin (well with anything that ouput audio), but it would be great to merge the Rumble output with it.

Development-wise, I don't think it would be hard to convert each rumble command into a low-freq audio output (like 20Hz-60Hz or so) and mix it with the final audio output (of course as an option in config).

Any thoughts?