Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SMB Galaxy Crashes after a few mins of play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

First post here! First Kudos to the developers for investing years into this project!Wink

At first it would crash after a few seconds and I found the post about changing the main.dol file. So I did that and it seemed to work great! Got thru the introduction, got thru the first level. Got part way thru the secon level and saved the game in the WII standard way. Then started a new game did the exact same thing and worked perfectly, and saved a second game.

The next day, continued the first game starting at the beginning of level 2... the game hangs/crashes after a couple of minutes of play. I cannot say that it happens when I'm doing anything particuar in the game.

I've seen a lot of posts about turn this control on/off. But there are so many...and they span back years ... some are not even valid anymore.

I'm getting about 30-40 FSP and VPS and 50-60 speed. I know this is because the video card is at the lower range of the performance scale... but it's acceptable for momentary hickups.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
tls1
Try with Dolphin 3.0 or one of the last builds (3.0-223 for example). Do you use LLE?
I also tried the latest release 3.306 and it exhibited the same problem. It had one new problem where when I loaded the saved game it gave a high pitch constant sound out of the speakers. I had to abort the game to make it go away Sad

I believe LLE (in DSP audio) in unchecked by default. I did fiddle with it but don't remember if/when it was better/worse.

It would be great if I could get it to run stable...

As a suggestion to the developers, a fantastic feature would be some sort of config file that would save and load your settings (and there are alot of them!) for each game. Would save a lot of boo-boo's.

Cheers!
tls1
(12-31-2011, 12:17 AM)tls1 Wrote: [ -> ]I also tried the latest release 3.306 and it exhibited the same problem. It had one new problem where when I loaded the saved game it gave a high pitch constant sound out of the speakers. I had to abort the game to make it go away Sad

I believe LLE (in DSP audio) in unchecked by default. I did fiddle with it but don't remember if/when it was better/worse.

It would be great if I could get it to run stable...

As a suggestion to the developers, a fantastic feature would be some sort of config file that would save and load your settings (and there are alot of them!) for each game. Would save a lot of boo-boo's.

Cheers!
tls1

It's there : Dolphin folder/User/GameConfig
OH...OK! Great!

Now back to my problem Smile....

I should try version 3.223 and DSP LLE checked/unchecked ?
Anything else?

Thanks!
tls1
Nothing else. With LLE you shouldn't be "blocked" in SMG (1&2) however you could get random crashes. Just notice your system has to be powerful enough to support it. If not try to use LLE before your crashes
Sorry my English very bad Smile

With LLE (ON ?) I should not be "blocked" . What is blocked? Do you mean crash?

I think my system is powerful enough. Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4GHz, 4 Gig RAM, Win 7 64 bit. The weakest link is the video card (Nvidia GeForce 210).

So I should try it with LLE checked (ON) and if it does not crash... well great! If it crashes then turn it off.

I'll try it later and report back ...

thanks for all the help!
tls1

(12-31-2011, 01:02 AM)tls1 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry my English very bad Smile

With LLE (ON ?) I should not be "blocked" . What is blocked? Do you mean crash?

I think my system is powerful enough. Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4GHz, 4 Gig RAM, Win 7 64 bit. The weakest link is the video card (Nvidia GeForce 210).

So I should try it with LLE checked (ON) and if it does not crash... well great! If it crashes then turn it off.

I'll try it later and report back ...

thanks for all the help!
tls1

Yes LLE on. Use LLE to avoid crashes
I did only a little testing (10-15 minutes of play) with LLE checked (ON) and it seemed to work well... thanks!

tls1