Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Combining two .isos from Cleanrip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

floatsuit

I'm totally new to Dolphin and don't totally know the best way to rip ISOs from a disk are (I don't have the right disk drive in my PC to bypass the Wii, but here's what I've been doing:

1) I have Cleanrip installed on the HBC
2) I used it to rip Wii Sports (as a test) and ripped it into two ISO files: RSPE01.part0.iso and RSPE01.part1.iso
3) combined them through command prompt using copy /b RSPE01.part0.iso + RSPE01.part1.iso Wiisports.iso
4) Clicked "Browse" in Dolphin and added the new wiisports.iso to my list and this is what I get in my list
[Image: DIRr0.png]
and this is what I get when I try to play the game
[Image: UvhdO.png]

I used Cleanrip to rip Mario Sunshine, which I ripped into one .iso and runs fine, but I don't have a USB drive or SD card large enough to hold a Wii game in one ISO. Is there something specific about Wii Sports that doesn't work that makes Dolphin think it's called "Sports Pack for Revolution"?

My PC specs are:
Intel i5-2500K @ 3.3GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA 9800GTX

and I'm running Dolphin 3.0-305. I don't know if that's the "Revision number" the forum is talking about, but it seems like the best number I could find.
Forgot: I'm running Windows 7 64-bit Professional
I've had a similar problem with MarioKartWii where it has assembled the parts, but the bits didn't go together properly, and I get a similarly blank emulator , except it shows some stats on my pc. As far as I can tell ripping it again might be the only solution unless you're prepared to spend £3/$5 on a new pendrive.
Your Wii Sports is 3.5GB, which is not the size of a pure Wii iso (should be 4.4GB). I never tried the dumper, could be you have bette luck with another (I used superdumper mostly)
CleanRip is a good dumper, but maybe this was a bad dump.

Try to dump again and if the iso is still broken, follow KHRZ's advice.
I checked, and what gave me this was definitely a bad dump.

Also I speeded up attaching the .iso files by making a batch file containing:

"copy /b *.part0.iso+*.part1.iso+*.part2.iso+*.part3.iso+*.part4.iso fulliso.iso"

I've also attached said batch file (although it isn't allowed as a .bat, so you'll have to change the extension from .txt to .bat).
Are you using a NTFS drive with CleanRip? If you use FAT32 drivers with CleanRip it will always split your ISO, because FAT32 doesn't allow files bigger than 2 GB (I guess)... Try dumping again with a NTFS formatted drive and you'll probably be ok..