Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why now Sudden lag while playing Skyward Sword?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dabrit

Ok so I know this has probably been brought up before but I just don't get it. Previously I was able to Zelda skyward sword at 1080p output res, and at 3x native internal res, with silky smooth framerates and no lag at all, I'm now 5 dungeons deep into the game. Previously everything would work fine as long as my laptop was hooked up to my HDTV, but for some reason if I tried to play on the display screen of my laptop it would lag makes no sense but w/e. Anywhoo I recently sold my Wii to my dad as I wasn't using it and just playing on Dolphin, before I was just plugging in the sensor bar to the wii, and using it with Dolphin with a real wiimote controller, but I recently purchased a wireless sensor bar to stop having to do this plus I had already sold the Wii to my dad.

Since starting to play again this week and after not changing any settings or anything I can't play without lag now, so so so SOOOO annoying even at 2x native it lags and it never did before I mean I could actually set the internal res to 4x and it was still very playable. But not anymore, anyone have any idea what the hell to do to fix this???

Such an amazing game and I was looking forward to beating it after the holidays.

Specs : Alienware M17XR3 w/ quad Core i7 2820QM processor(2.3GHZ/ 3.2GHZ turbo mode) ATI 6990 graphics Card, 16GBs ram.
Check your temps.

kamiyan89

dabrit did checking the temps worked?