Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fps problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Cherubims

Hello, before I post my issues I have listed my computer specs below.

Intel Core i7 920 2.66 GHz
8GB Ram DDR3 memory
ASUS GTX 560ti 1GB
64 bit Windows 7 ultimate.
Dolphin 3.0 - 235 Dirty - ( current )

My problem is with monster hunter tri. ( Legend of zelda works just fine but that might be because i downloaded the gc version? )

I can pretty much run Skyrim and Crysis on max settings so im sure its not a problem with my card. I also ran a check on the temperatures when i was running these high specs which were around 60 -75 degrees celsius , which is pretty acceptable considering my card has a 99 c upper limit.

I tried different builds, including the configuration for maximum speed found on the Dolphin homepage. But after all of my tinkering and prodding around with the settings, it hasn't reflected in the game performance when trying to run this game. ( I dont care much about other wii titles so i havent downloaded any yet , might try some later to make sure. )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the problem is this , The game runs perfectly but what i cannot comprehend is the massive dips in framerate for no apparent reason in town and when facing boss monsters ( it goes from 30 all the way to 18 ). This is madness , i can only resort to playing it on low settings without increasing the native resolution ( which looks like crap btw ) If i increase the settings i get a propotional amount of lag in fps. And this is comming from a pc which runs crysis , Battlefeild 3 and skyrim like butter on max settings.

Anyone else experiencing this? : (
Downloading games is against the rules.

Closed.