Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "Clearing code cache" error- caused by split ISO?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PistolShrimp

Hi all!

I ripped my copy of Skyward Sword using Cleanrip on my Wii. For some reason, file sizes over 4GB will end in failure, so I ripped it in 3gb max chunk size and it completed with two ISO files.

When I try to open one with Dolphin 3.0, I get a greyed-out pop-up window saying "Clearing code cache" that never stops, and Dolphin crashes when I close the window.

Do I need to combine the two ISO files into one for it to work in Dolphin, and if so, how do I do that? Or could it just be a bad dump? I am unable to download the Wii Redump.org files with Cleanzip, so I can't verify that I'm getting a good dump, but my game disc is pristine and the dump completes without error.

This is my first time using this emulator, so I'm a bit clueless.

Thanks in advance for any help; I'd really appreciate it, because I want to play this game in HD goodness! Smile

PistolShrimp

Bump.
What filesystem are you ripping it to-- FAT32?
(check your drive)
If so, you have to rip it to an NTFS drive as FAT32 can't store files larger than 4GB.

PistolShrimp

(12-28-2011, 06:36 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]What filesystem are you ripping it to-- FAT32?
(check your drive)
If so, you have to rip it to an NTFS drive as FAT32 can't store files larger than 4GB.

That did the trick; thanks so much! Smile