Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Multiple gamecube memory cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

petruk_111

hi! i recently was playing animal crossing and decided to start another file on my other downloaded dolphin emulator, so i could go between towns. anyway, i started a new memory card on the second emulator and played a bit (in order for it to create a save). I then dragged that memory card into my first dolphin emulator (in the user forder, gc). So then i opened dolphin and set the 2 memory cards in slot A and B and it worked perfectly. My issue now is that i cant get the memory card in the B slot back into the A. Please help!!! if this helps i get this error message: "cannot use that file as a memory card. Are you trying to use the same file in both slots?" its a little frustrating because even when i remove the cards from the slots it will only let me put them in one but not the other! Any help will be appreciated Smile

petruk_111

i was using 2 different versions of dolphin. one was 3.0 and the other was 3.0-235
i'm too lazy at the moment to look at the exact cause, but there are two simple workarounds
either use a third memory card so that you never have the same file for both slots, or rename the memory cards (using a temporary name) ie MCA.raw > mcb(2).raw, MCB.raw > MCA.raw, mcb(2).raw > MCB.raw