Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: LLE -> HLE | LLE <- HLE ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again, guys !

Last night I thought to the Conversion from LLE to HLE or vice versa.

Is that possible ?
WTF?! What do you want to convert? DSP LLE stands for Low Level Emulation (it's running the native DSP code, without any recompilation), DSP HLE stands for High Level Emulation, so the DSP code is recompiled from PPC to a x86 language, but in this process the emulation have some bugs (I think the most common is the Zelda/SMG looping issue)... As you see, they're very different from each other, a small portions of DSP LLE code can be "shared" with DSP HLE, but that is it, so I thing that no conversion is possible...

(any developer reading this, fell free to correct any mistake...)
Yes, I've thought about this too. But... It's only a question and... Thanks !
Sorry if my post sounded rude guy, it wasn't my intention...
Quote:WTF?! What do you want to convert? DSP LLE stands for Low Level Emulation (it's running the native DSP code, without any recompilation), DSP HLE stands for High Level Emulation, so the DSP code is recompiled from PPC to a x86 language, but in this process the emulation have some bugs (I think the most common is the Zelda/SMG looping issue)... As you see, they're very different from each other, a small portions of DSP LLE code can be "shared" with DSP HLE, but that is it, so I thing that no conversion is possible...

(any developer reading this, fell free to correct any mistake...)

I don't know that much about the audio frontends but even I can tell that this is completely wrong. Both LLE recompiler and LLE interpreter emulate hardware behavior, that's why they are referred to as low level emulation audio frontends. LLE recompiler does this by recompiling DSP microcode, LLE interpreter does this by interpreting DSP microcode. HLE is high level emulation. It emulates the intended result rather than the hardware behavior (in other words the basic idea is to write software that produces the same result that the real hardware would but does it a very different way). This process involves reverse engineering the dsp microcodes behavior and analyzing how the software (the game) is using it. From what I understand HLE attempts to go around the dsp microcode entirely.

I still do not understand what the OP is trying to ask.
(12-24-2011, 03:31 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know that much about the audio frontends but even I can tell that this is completely wrong. Both LLE recompiler and LLE interpreter emulate hardware behavior, that's why they are referred to as low level emulation audio frontends. LLE recompiler does this by recompiling DSP microcode, LLE interpreter does this by interpreting DSP microcode. HLE is high level emulation. It emulates the intended result rather than the hardware behavior (in other words the basic idea is to write software that produces the same result that the real hardware would but does it a very different way). This process involves reverse engineering the dsp microcodes behavior and analyzing how the software (the game) is using it. From what I understand HLE attempts to go around the dsp microcode entirely.

I still do not understand what the OP is trying to ask.

So the sound is a Code, Right ?
Has a code*

What? I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean that each sound effect (like a drum beat for example) has a code that identifies it, then no, at least not at the hardware level.
(12-24-2011, 06:54 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]What? I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean that each sound effect (like a drum beat for example) has a code that identifies it, then no, at least not at the hardware level.
Mneah... Ok... I was referring to the Conversion of the LLE Sound to HLE, but is not possible...