Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: For some reason, it magically stopped working.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Gamma Vector

Right out of the box, Dolphin worked just fine. Could run my games at full speed, no problems. Enhanced graphics, the whole works.

I've been adding to my library, and having a great deal of fun. Then I tried to get Blood Omen 2 to work. After a lot of pain, I finally concluded that it was playable, but not at full speed, and that it just wasn't worth it. So I delete the ISO, roll the settings back to how they originally were and...Nothing works. I'm averaging 14 FPS on all my games. WTF?

So I change the settings down to lowest quality, and that bumps me up to 20FPS.

Not satisfied, I trash everything, update to the newest version, configure the thing to the default, put my ISOs back, check to make sure everything runs correctly (it does) and restore my memory cards. And now I'm slowed down again, but only on one game: Twilight Princess. Interestingly, this is also the first game I set up with Dolphin.

I don't know what's going on. The only thing I can think is that somehow that Blood Omen save that's on my memory card has effed up everything else. Is that even possible? Is it possible I've got too many games on one memcard? Is there some kind of memcard editor I can use fix it?

I'm mostly willing to start everything from scratch and trash the old memcards if I need to, but...Damnit, I'm more than halfway through Twilight Princess and really, really enjoying it. I really don't want to start over. Please help me! Please tell me somebody knows what's gone wrong and how to fix it.
Memory card saves are not going to cause this, so just keep them. Just copy the GC folder and paste it to a new Dolphin download. While a game is running, open the graphics config and close it, that will enable some speed up settings to be applied. If not, set efb copy to texture. Not exactly sure what you did, but try that and post back.

Gamma Vector

(12-23-2011, 07:36 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Memory card saves are not going to cause this, so just keep them. Just copy the GC folder and paste it to a new Dolphin download. While a game is running, open the graphics config and close it, that will enable some speed up settings to be applied. If not, set efb copy to texture. Not exactly sure what you did, but try that and post back.

Doesn't help. I'm still stuck at 12-15FPS. If it's not the memory card saves, could it possibly be the savestates? Memory cards, ISOs, and savestates are the ONLY things that have carried over.

I'm also looking into the rest of my computer, to see if it's some kind of general performance issue that I'm looking for...

Gamma Vector

Finally figured it out. DirectX11 instead of 9. *facepalm*