Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Run Mario galaxy 2 with 100% Speed all the time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah, there are really almost no words how good SMG2 looks and plays in Dolphin. Phenomenal game with even better art and GFX. This is nintendo at their best.

Though...I'm running my i5 @4.3GHZ and I still get some slowdown from time to time. Settings are 3xres (no FSAA, 16xAF), LLE, LLE on Thread, Skip EFB Access, ObenMP Texture Decoder, DX9, rest is default. Version is 7719m and I still get audio glitches on a regular basis (e.g. Frames drop to 59 or 58 for a little second) and in graphical very intense scenes (f.e. in that galaxy where everything is huge) in some camera angles and scenes the frames may drop to around 50. Which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for LLE which slows down as well. I'd say all things considered I'm rnning it 100% for 90% of my playing time.

So is there any trick to run it at 100/100 with my current setup? I don't want to OC any further, that's probably not worth it. Even if it's not perfect emulation at this point it's worlds better when what it looks like on the Wii...
mh...
what gpu?
and try to disable background programms... the 1-2% are just a matter how well windows is running :>
firewalls... anti virus software...
especially antivirus software... some are badass and are checking in realTime every memory change...
My PC is fine, that certainly isn't the problem. I still think it's SMG2 being just on the "border" of perfect emulation. 560TI oc btw.
(12-23-2011, 04:23 AM)Seph Wrote: [ -> ]My PC is fine, that certainly isn't the problem. I still think it's SMG2 being just on the "border" of perfect emulation. 560TI oc btw.

You're certainly right. Anyway is there any game that is perfectly emulated? I don't think so. Above all if it's a demanding/hard to emulate game as SMG 2. After all it's "only" emulation...
Quote:So is there any trick to run it at 100/100 with my current setup?

No. It is currently impossible to get 100% speed all the time with LLE audio.

Quote:My PC is fine, that certainly isn't the problem.

Actually it is your PC that is at fault. Your hardware simply isn't good enough. Of course that's not your fault, because currently no x86 cpu exists which has a high enough per thread throughput to emulate the game at fullspeed all the time with LLE audio. So basically nobody has good enough hardware because....well....it doesn't exist yet.

brutal1ty

Hi , men i have Sandy Bridge i7 2600 3.4 Ghz turbo bost 3.8 and play 98- 100 % allways
jeah?
just for buying a non K Version... shows how much Fanboy is in your name...
the sandybridge architecture is far superior compared to the first generation i-serie
its normal that you get more fps with lower clocks
Quote:Hi , men i have Sandy Bridge i7 2600 3.4 Ghz turbo bost 3.8 and play 98- 100 % allways

Are you using LLE audio?
(12-24-2011, 02:19 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]jeah?
just for buying a non K Version... shows how much Fanboy is in your name...
the sandybridge architecture is far superior compared to the first generation i-serie
its normal that you get more fps with lower clocks

My cpu is a 2500k (new generation) as well...
Even LLE on Thread on a tri or quad-core wont get you full speed?
Pages: 1 2